👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman | Page 2 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman

Bald Archie - 16/8/2017 21:03

Ledleysleftknee - 16/8/2017 15:02
Maybe your looking in the wrong place if your giving a 0-5/10 and would suggest some countries like Qatar or free billionaires to buy us out.
Where can I find a free billionaire please?

Didn't realise Leicester needed a billionaire to win the title.

Big Chiv - 16/8/2017 21:27

Maybe your looking in the wrong place if your giving a 0-5/10 and would suggest some countries like Qatar or free billionaires to buy us out.

Well they did, and they cheated the FFPR as they did so with one of the shadiest dirty off-shore "sponsorship" owner related deals ever conducted - sadly, of course the penalty did not fit the crime.

They should at the end of the 3 years period (this season) be stripped of the title - unless fraud and financial skullduggery is dealt with by the way of the toughest possible sanctions, it will continue.

read this as a backgrounder, it gets even murkier with recent investigations:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

Big Chiv - 16/8/2017 21:27

Is that a joke? They're owned by a billionaire, lol. We are too, but to imply they got the title off the back of hard work and pixy dust rather than £100M+ worth of investment from a billionaire is incorrect.

SPURS MEDIA WATCH

CHAIRMAN AWARDED CEO OF THE YEAR
Posted on 2 November 2017 - 22:45

Club Chairman, Daniel Levy, has received the CEO of the Year Award at the Football Business Awards.

The Awards, which are now in their sixth year, recognise and reward the hard work that takes place to support the success of the game.

Daniel is the longest serving Chairman in the Premier League and has taken the Club to its highest Premier League finish and back to back qualification for the UEFA Champions League.

He continues to be the driving force behind our new stadium development and the regeneration of Tottenham.

Juggling what he's currently juggling and doing what he's doing, he probably deserved this accolade.

He's delivering.

I wonder how many Spurs fans would agree?

What will determine whether the 8/10 i gave Daniel Levy remains my opinion will be if we see a sell off like Monaco did last year. It will be 8 to zero in a hurry.

Commander Winksy - 3/11/2017 16:21

What will determine whether the 8/10 i gave Daniel Levy remains my opinion will be if we see a sell off like Monaco did last year. It will be 8 to zero in a hurry.

In regard to your name......just wondering if you should drop the "y" or change the "i" to an "a".

I guess time will tell.

:101:

80deg16minW - 3/11/2017 16:34

Commander Winksy - 3/11/2017 16:21

In regard to your name......just wondering if you should drop the "y" or change the "i" to an "a".

I guess time will tell.

:101:

A personal attack :22: I owe you one at a later date :14:

It would be interesting to know what people do for a living and I suspect we would see a trend.

Building a successful business, or even more difficult - taking the role of a MD at a business someone else owns and making it successful, might give you a different insight as to the challenges this process brings.

His mission and limitations were clear - improve the club professionally and financially within a profitable revenue. Any issue with this should be directed at Lewis, not Levy.

Financially we have become one of the 10 richest clubs in the world, which means that only 10 clubs in Europe can pay more wages, we have new training facilities and we are building a new stadium. All of this debt free.

Unfortunately for us, 5 of the clubs in the top 10 happen to be English.

Professionally, when Levy took a Spurs side in 2001 which consistently finished in the bottom part of the table and was lucky to get more than 11 wins a season. We gradually transformed to a top part team, then top 6 and now top 4. In the last 6 seasons we haven't dropped below 19 wins a season, averaging 21 and breaking our record placing it at 26. Yet some fans claim we are not building a winning mentality.

We have some of the best players in the continent, seeing players coming from our world class academy (Kane, Winks) and also a superb scouting system which helped us get top players before they exploded (Ali, Dier, Rose) as well as other world class players at ridiculous fees (Toby, Verts, Eriksen, Lloris).

We can't buy success, that's not how our owner wants it. Instead we are building success and that takes time. In the 15 years he has been here he took us from an irrelevant bottom table into a proper club positioned to win things. There is no other club in Europe that i can think of that achieved the same without a sugar daddy. None.

Anyone who expects instant success really has no clue how a business works, and Spurs are a Billion pound business now.

Well done Mr Levy.

The problem i have with Lester being striped of the title means it would go the Arse :22: No way would that be acceptable. Coys

Pollo - 5/11/2017 09:20

It would be interesting to know what people do for a living and I suspect we would see a trend.

Building a successful business, or even more difficult - taking the role of a MD at a business someone else owns and making it successful, might give you a different insight as to the challenges this process brings.

His mission and limitations were clear - improve the club professionally and financially within a profitable revenue. Any issue with this should be directed at Lewis, not Levy.

Financially we have become one of the 10 richest clubs in the world, which means that only 10 clubs in Europe can pay more wages, we have new training facilities and we are building a new stadium. All of this debt free.

Professionally, when Levy took a Spurs side in 2001 which consistently finished in the bottom part of the table and was lucky to get more than 11 wins a season. We gradually transformed to a top part team, then top 6 and now top 4. In the last 6 seasons we haven't dropped below 19 wins a season, averaging 21 and breaking our record placing it at 26. Yet some fans claim we are not building a winning mentality.

We have some of the best players in the continent, seeing players coming from our world class academy (Kane, Winks) and also a superb scouting system which helped us get top players before they exploded (Ali, Dier, Rose) as well as other world class players at ridiculous fees (Toby, Verts, Eriksen, Lloris).

We can't buy success, that's not how our owner wants it. Instead we are building success and that takes time. In the 15 years he has been here he took us from an irrelevant bottom table into a proper club positioned to win things. There is no other club in Europe that i can think of that achieved the same without a sugar daddy. None.

Anyone who expects instant success really has no clue how a business works, and Spurs are a Billion pound business now.

Well done Mr Levy.

:1: Spot on.

I don't think anyone does expect instant success but it hasn't been and still isn't cos we havnt won anything. How many managers has he been through before stumbling over the right one ? If you use the argument that he has learnt along the way....sorry what he is earning his education should be paid for already.

Hi Nick,

which Chairman do you think has a better track record with managers?

Not defending DL necessarily... just wondering whose appointments have been better?

'63Spur - 5/11/2017 18:19

Pollo - 5/11/2017 09:20

Well done Mr Levy.

:1: Spot on.

double, treble spot on!!!

that's true insight from Pollo, based I suspect on hard won experience,.

:1: :1: :1:

He still took too long. But the results are great.

The Olympic Stadium appeared to set us back a couple of years at least.

80deg16minW - 6/11/2017 17:42

He still took too long. But the results are great.

The Olympic Stadium appeared to set us back a couple of years at least.

It's funny, I think the Olympic stadium made us; it was the kick in the b*alls for the local council that we were seriously looking to do a new build, and if necessary to build away from Tottenham and the surrounding area - without that shock and wake up call, which included the local MP finally realising we were serious, none of the politicians would have got off their arses and made things happen...

Was it a calculated move to get the local and London politicians including the local MP to finally get with the regeneration project / program?

If it was a calculated move, as I believe it to be, it was a seminal moment in Levy's learning curve, if it wasn't, then it was a massive piece of luck leading to incredible unforeseen outcomes.

I'm pretty sure, I know what answer is more accurate.