Cravings N/G | Vital Football

Cravings N/G

chris who

Vital Champions League
I was wondering if this experience is just a odd coincidence or is there some science behind it.When my wife was pregnant with our son twenty odd years ago she had real cravings for curries.She likes a mild curry but is no means a curry addict.But could not stop eating curries during pregnancy.
Over the last twenty years my son has got more and more addicted to curries .Having started eating them at a early age.That of course could be a bigger influence. He would amaze Indian restaurant workers by eating a curry all up even as a very small child .But in those days it was a rare event .These days he would have curry for breakfast .
Are there any others out there who perhaps have a more unusual craving story that the child or perhaps themselves have adopted?

Last edited:
My missus craved bread pudding when pregnant with our son. Would normally regard it as utter stodge.

I crave Jerk Chicken when the missus is out for the evening - the only times I get to eat it.

Lime pickle with curry. A must.

My mum ate coal when she was pregnant with me. Since the age of about 5, I've always had a craving for coal, and eat it most days. Due to environmental issues, I'm bloody hungry!

My wife's mother ate fire lighters while expecting. My wife's got a real issue with petrol fumes these days.

Chocolate flakes. Can't get them here except by the box load. Bought a box. Scoffed the lot, and now the very thought of a chocolate flake revolts me.

Since emigrating I have at various times had cravings for
1) McVities Digestives (originaly not available but are now)
2) Chocolate Hob Nobs (occasionaly turn up at the supermarket)
3) Walkers cheese and onion crisps (sister inlaw sends a "Red Cross" food parcel at Christmas)
4) Shreded Wheat (available online but extortionatly expensive. Another Christmas treat)
5) Yorkshire fishcake in a bread cake - an absolute must when we ocasionally get back to the Motherland.