Conflict of Interest | Vital Football

Conflict of Interest

Innispurs

Vital 1st Team Regular
Now many of you veterans on this site will know that I have a conflict of interest!

Basically, I am obsessed with two football clubs - Derry City (my home town club) in the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) league and the mighty Spurs, the best team in England. But (and here's my dilemma) they NEVER, NEVER both win on the same weekend. This gives rise to multiple conflicts of interest.

So if Spurs have an important game coming up, I secretly hope Derry City lose and vice versa. It can make life hell for a poor soul like me who basically wants the best for both.

Now, and here is my problem writ large, since the last time Spurs played and lost (yep, Derry won that weekend) my home town team has played twice, won one and drew one. Doesn't look good for the mighty Spurs against Swansea, does it?

So, help me out here. Should I renounce my home town in the hope that Spurs will get CL or should I accept that the Arse will do it again and go with Derry City to knock Sligo off their perch?

Oh dear, oh dear, life is sooooooo unkind!

Innispurs - 24/3/2013 22:21

Now many of you veterans on this site will know that I have a conflict of interest!

Basically, I am obsessed with two football clubs - Derry City (my home town club) in the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) league and the mighty Spurs, the best team in England. But (and here's my dilemma) they NEVER, NEVER both win on the same weekend. This gives rise to multiple conflicts of interest.

So if Spurs have an important game coming up, I secretly hope Derry City lose and vice versa. It can make life hell for a poor soul like me who basically wants the best for both.

Now, and here is my problem writ large, since the last time Spurs played and lost (yep, Derry won that weekend) my home town team has played twice, won one and drew one. Doesn't look good for the mighty Spurs against Swansea, does it?

So, help me out here. Should I renounce my home town in the hope that Spurs will get CL or should I accept that the Arse will do it again and go with Derry City to knock Sligo off their perch?

"knock Sligo off their perch"? you'll be waiting!

Galvin's Shinpads - 25/3/2013 02:54

Innispurs - 24/3/2013 22:21

"knock Sligo off their perch"? you'll be waiting!

I know Galv. I put that bit in just for you. First game of the season: Derry 0-1 Sligo but Spurs also lost that weekend. The jinx doesn't stop both LOSING in the same weekend.

Yep, I'm waiting for this jinx to be lifted, just like that old Bale jinx. Remember!

IT'S DEAD EASY, just drop superstition like a hot brick, take a deep breath and start life in the real world. Works every time.

Oh dear! Oh dear!!

Derry City 4 - 0 Shelbourne

This HAS to be the weekend the jinx is broken. Come on, everybody, cheer me home, here! COYS

Innispurs - 30/3/2013 09:52

Oh dear! Oh dear!!

Derry City 4 - 0 Shelbourne

This HAS to be the weekend the jinx is broken. Come on, everybody, cheer me home, here! COYS

More importantly, Bohs 0 - 3 Sligo! :17:

Derry City 2 - 0 Bray Wanders, but hell, I don't have to worry about these things now, do I?

Free ... free as a bird ... COYS!!