Conference Championship 1987-88 - Part 5 - Barry Fry Embarrasses Himself For All Eternity On National Television - HAVE A READ! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Conference Championship 1987-88 - Part 5 - Barry Fry Embarrasses Himself For All Eternity On National Television - HAVE A READ!

Newcomer to this site, which I have viewed for sometime, and really enjoy looking at.
Out of interest, does anyone know if there was ever a video / DVD made of the 87/88 season? I am resident in Essex, but saw a few of the games that season down this way and was at Sincil Bank for the games v Wealdstone and that glorious day v Wycombe. I have never been aware of anything doing the rounds and you tube only shows a few snippets.

In relation to the headline of this thread, I have always felt Barry Fry embarrasses himself every time he opens his mouth....
There was a video of the Wycombe game, I think I have one somewhere. Not that I can play it anymore, of course.

Welcome to the site, please stay with us!

I don’t think the Conference was really covered by the media much at that time unfortunately.
For TV and radio the GMVC barely existed, I think scores came up on the teatime teleprinter, but you had to watch for them as they weren't then part of the classified results. I remember having to use a telephone score service for midweek games a life saver for us exiles.

It was quite a revelation when R2 Sports had reporters at the grounds for the final games which made for a happy contrast to the mood generated a year before by their commentators and reporters and f***ing 'big' Burnley and the 'f***ing' dog.