Come on | Vital Football

Come on

Mouldybluecheese

Vital Reserves Team
Be honest who really REALLY thought we would have won and score 3 Goals at Scunthorpe !

I've visited that ground on a number of times and found it a hard place to get any sort of result. Don't get me wrong I'm over the moon but have to be honest I thought we would get beat yesterday surly I'm not on my own !!!

Went yesterday not expecting much as the last time I went to Glandford Park we were thrashed 5-0

The team seems to exude confidence on the road; yesterday, they looked like the home team at times. Ultimately, Scunthorpe became quite predictable [a bit like Fleetwood at their place] and relatively easy to pick off, although our work rate was very high.

Nothing short of amazing yesterday. I really felt in advance that a draw would have been a incredible result.Normally I would say I am optimistic. Have no doubt this is the most committed team since those heady championship days .
They are the total opposite of Justin Edinburgh's team towards the end of his era .Strange that some are the same players .Super fit .Super committed. Organised. Everything that that team wasn't.
Steve Lovell seems to have learned a massive amount from Edinburgh's mistakes. I would be very interested to hear a interview of him where he tells the tale of when and how he learned to be such a good manager .

I'm usually fairly pessimistic when I go to away games, but I was cautiously optimistic yesterday. I was expecting a 1-1 and thought in the five or so minutes after they equalised we would be lucky to get that, but huge credit to the players for the way they came back into it to score another two.

As I said when we were struggling, work rate and effort can take you quite a way in this league.

We may not be able to be the best, due to budget etc, but we can be the fittest, strongest, best organised and the most committed.

I think that is SL's philosophy.

This is truly a team of no stars :1: