Code of conduct | Vital Football

Code of conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkimp

Vital Reserves Team
"Anyone attending the match would also have to agree to a code of conduct devised in line with the government guidelines." BBC Sport

The above paragraph taken from a BBC article today about fans attending Arsenal v Sheff Utd, 3rd October.
Seems the rumours are true about a code of conduct. How is this going to work? My view, utter nonsense.

We don't know what the Code of conduct says yet. It could be to do with tracing and one way rules etc. You can't stop fans shouting and cheering it just happens naturally and you aren't even aware you're doing it tbh.

Will be an extension to the Ground Regulations you agree to when buying a ticket, and akin to Covid secure policies we all follow at work or down the pub.

It'll be an agreement to the test and trace system. A condition of being able to get a ticket will be to sign up to that programme and agree that should you test positive, they will then be able to inform all other attendees.

Seems the rumours are true about a code of conduct. How is this going to work? My view, utter nonsense.

Have you been hiding under a rock for the last 6 months? It will be essential in the current ongoing pandemic to have a code of conduct and for everyone allowed into the ground to sign up to it.

Likely sanctions might be that individual breaches incur a stadium ban for the individual for the duration of the code of conduct restrictions being in force. Any clubs failing to properly enforce their code of conduct will likely as not be required to play subsequent games behind closed doors again.

As an example of what can go wrong if the rules aren't enforced, take the case of that TUI flight from Zakynthos earlier in the week, full of Covidiots and poorly enforced rules by cabin staff resulting in a whole load of shiny new coronavirus cases.

For you and me, a dose of coronavirus would be unpleasant but probably not fatal. Playing fast and loose with rules runs the risk of passing it on to someone who it would kill. Might be a close elderly realtive, or a stranger. Would you want that on your conscience?

This is not a hoax, this is not a drill.

What I am getting at is that season ticket details will provide for track and trace. There will be social distancing in place and probably more regulations such as one way systems. What further code and conduct will the authorities want fans to agree to and how? The above will be in place and followed if you attend.
I find some of the replies here very unreasonable.
We all have different views of the world and as such Covid and how the state and media present it to us. I prefer to question everything and look for diverse views and perspectives.
I do not reply with inappropriate comments or disrespect others.
I was opening a debate on how fans feel about further rules, regulations and possible sanitisation of the match experience. And having to agree to maybe unreasonable codes. Of course we do not know yet what this is exactly.
Some fans may be pleased to go along with any rules put in place others not.
I obviously do not want to see any elderly or vulnerable people at unnecessary risk. I also do not want other parts of society to suffer. Such as in the news today suicide in men is at its highest for 20 years.
Balance is key and this is what I was attempting to debate.

What I am getting at is that season ticket details will provide for track and trace. There will be social distancing in place and probably more regulations such as one way systems. What further code and conduct will the authorities want fans to agree to and how? The above will be in place and followed if you attend.
I find some of the replies here very unreasonable.
We all have different views of the world and as such Covid and how the state and media present it to us. I prefer to question everything and look for diverse views and perspectives.
I do not reply with inappropriate comments or disrespect others.
I was opening a debate on how fans feel about further rules, regulations and possible sanitisation of the match experience. And having to agree to maybe unreasonable codes. Of course we do not know yet what this is exactly.
Some fans may be pleased to go along with any rules put in place others not.
I obviously do not want to see any elderly or vulnerable people at unnecessary risk. I also do not want other parts of society to suffer. Such as in the news today suicide in men is at its highest for 20 years.
Balance is key and this is what I was attempting to debate.

All a bit different from your "utter nonsense" comment above.

You've been called out on that and *now* you want to be Mr Reasonable.

Lesson learnt, right?

All a bit different from your "utter nonsense" comment above.

You've been called out on that and *now* you want to be Mr Reasonable.

Lesson learnt, right?
C'mon. Original comment a bit of devils advocate. Taken unreasonably. So I put more depth to it. It's not about being called out. And I'm not trying to be Mr Reasonable. I try to make the odd post to challenge thinking. But to be honest I may leave the forum because of your return comments.

C'mon. Original comment a bit of devils advocate. Taken unreasonably. So I put more depth to it. It's not about being called out. And I'm not trying to be Mr Reasonable. I try to make the odd post to challenge thinking. But to be honest I may leave the forum because of your return comments.

Boo hoo hoo. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out...

Status
Not open for further replies.