City v Wendies | Page 3 | Vital Football

City v Wendies

Des Walker's lad Tyler is another youngster who could be worth a punt was loaned out last season and scored twice against last week.
I'm sure they'll be plenty of young forwards looking for league experience and not festering in the u-23s very soon.

Problem with Hirst and Walker is their clubs will want to loan them to a team where they will play. Can't see Cowley upsetting Green to start a loanee.

Good point but Walker didn't play very often during his two loan spells last season at Stevenage and Port Vale just 14 games scoring 5 goals.

Any body know who played for Lincoln in this quickly arranged, behind closed doors game? Can't find any information about it anywhere. I'm wondering, did Habergham get a run out?

Habergham will miss the first month of the season at least, so no way would he have played. As per most friendlies played behind closed doors, they tend not to release information because it is irrelevant. City won 2-1 with goals by Dickie and McMenemy, but who knows who played? Probably Eardley and Briggs to give DC another chance to consider them.

I see Wednesday turned down a £1.5m bid from Leicester for Hirst this week, so I really can't see him coming here on loan.

Scotimp - 4/8/2017 13:10

I see Wednesday turned down a £1.5m bid from Leicester for Hirst this week, so I really can't see him coming here on loan.

All that means is Wednesday don't want to sell or they value him more than £1.5m. He is 18 not likely to be in their first team so they may want him getting 1st team football. Of course, they may well want him loaned out above L2.

Or they might like him to join a L2 team with a management team known for bringing young players on, in their quest to play at the top level.

jal jal - 4/8/2017 15:26

Or they might like him to join a L2 team with a management team known for bringing young players on, in their quest to play at the top level.

Yeah and local