City Ground now confirmed.... | Vital Football

City Ground now confirmed....

Bad_Dog

Vital 1st Team Regular
As a Community asset, they applied a couple of months ago and now it's registered officially as an asset of the Community, meaning the ground and the land it's on is safe guarded.

More good news. :)

Bad_Dog - 22/6/2017 12:26

As a Community asset, they applied a couple of months ago and now it's registered officially as an asset of the Community, meaning the ground and the land it's on is safe guarded.

More good news. :)

For 5 years I think?

It's a gesture, which means little really but shows they want to make gestures to the fans

It's registered as a value to the community going forward I don't think it's for 5 years it's for the forseeable future.

Be even more of an asset of community value if the ground was to be extensively modernised, by which I mean more than a lick of paint.

this well meaning gesture is IMO proof that we won't be moving or upgrading any time soon.

boszi - 22/6/2017 12:56

Be even more of an asset of community value if the ground was to be extensively modernised, by which I mean more than a lick of paint.

Maybe we will get it now, I think plans are being drawn tbh.

Marinakis is known to spend on infrastructure, he's spent alot at Oly.

Woanz - 22/6/2017 13:59

this well meaning gesture is IMO proof that we won't be moving or upgrading any time soon.

Which makes sense right? No matter what the future brings it isn't the priority right now. Get the ground a bit tarted up, create a good side and get the ground full every game and then look at the options

Nanpantan red - 22/6/2017 12:35

City ground now confirmed?? Does that mean that being an Atheist I now won't be allowed in?

I like what Ricky Gervais said about atheism.

It shouldn't be a word. There's no word for people who don't believe in fairies.

Apollyon - 22/6/2017 15:29

Wasnt this done by the Trust not the owners?

It was the trust that applied for it to be a community asset, new owners have supported it though. I don't know what impact the owner supporting the application does, but it certainly can't hurt.

Just read through and it does fook all to be fair

Its the Supporters Trust that did this on the back of the fook up sale to John Moores

Nothing to see here. No need to get your tassles wet