Christian Eriksen - Player Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Christian Eriksen - Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s got 6

He's also got 4 from the last 6 Prem games, one of which was from the bench. There's also 2 or 3 for Denmark in there as well.

For me, Eriksen is a 1 in 3 scorer when he's at his best. He's playing a little deeper this season and had the injury issues. He's still given a healthy return of goals and assists. No doubt we will need to find that somewhere else in the team to maintain our top 4 status if he leaves.

By comparison, Grealish has 2 goals in 21 starts for Villa and 4 assists. That's in the Championship.

Would Grealish perform better with a higher level of players around him ?

In my opinion, he would. He is entirely in the 'Eriksen' mould (and people forget how long he's taken to reach this level and how much unwarranted criticism he's picked up from Spurs fans along the way - I still remember my reaction he when we bought him, I simply couldn't believe we'd landed him!).....Grealish has it in him to be creative, to do the unusual, to open defences - he may not be a great goalscorer, but then I don't think Eriksen is either.

I entirely see why we want to land him.

Selling our best players has never worked. What has the club won with this tactic?

There comes a time a club must show some ambition in the transfer market.

Vorm, Dembele and Llorente are all freebies in the summer.

N'Kou and Jansen are not wanted, just sell at any price. Totally pointless keeping them around taking up wages and squad places.

Toby will go, I have accepted that.

One of Aurier or Tripps can go.

Wana is broken time to sell.

Then we have average squad players that will never make it here like CCV and Onomah that need shifting.

That will free up plenty of wages and squad places.

We have to buy players in the summer. Levy has no choice.

Until we have increased our revenues expotentialy, the chances of us holding onto a true World class talent is at best, remote.

Eriksen won't leave until the summer....if he leaves.

But we are actually a much better team now than we were with Bale.

I think it's odds on that he's leaving now, we cannot allow the contract situation to not be resolved by season end, so we will sell him.

If you believe the chatter, RM have already made contact and all hope of him accepting a new deal with us is just puff and smoke now.

I have no doubt Grealish would improve in our setup. Not the point I was making. Football is about results and Eriksen's goal and assist return has meant we have got top 4 every year. That's not to mention the most miles run by any player in the Prem for the last 5 years and the craft, communication and leadership he brings around the pitch.

I'm not against signing Grealish, but Poch would need to find another way of getting the same output from the eleven on the pitch if he chooses to accommodate Grealish. If we were to start saying Grealish is "Eriksen's" replacement then we'd be setting him up for failure just like we would if we signed David Brooks. That's what happened with Lamela and Bale.

It is true Grealish is no Eriksen replacement. But who is ? At 150 mil that is unique money. A lively MF with Winks, Skipp and Grealish sounds pretty good to me with Alli, Lamela and Son in front of them.

It is true Grealish is no Eriksen replacement. But who is ? At 150 mil that is unique money. A lively MF with Winks, Skipp and Grealish sounds pretty good to me with Alli, Lamela and Son in front of them.

It sounds mid table fodder to most.

Seriously.

I can’t believe there are people wanting to replace Christian with Jack Grealish.

It sounds mid table fodder to most.

Seriously.

I can’t believe there are people wanting to replace Christian with Jack Grealish.

I don't agree with any people who want Eriksen replaced with Grealish . But are we going to spend like for like ? It's a case of what we can afford.

Reports suggest Levy wants 225 mil.
And Eriksen apparently wants 140K per week, looks like a deal could be sorted soonish and he'll be staying from what I have read.
I also feel that he may well have been waiting to see what was happening on the Poch front, if Poch went then he would definitely have gone too, but Poch has said he wants to be here for twenty years and emulate Wenger, only winning tropys too lol, so now maybe the talks will start in earnest.

If I were Eriksen I would be wanting assurances that investment in the squad was forthcoming. He deserves medals and if we can't provide , he should go.

I don't agree with any people who want Eriksen replaced with Grealish . But are we going to spend like for like ? It's a case of what we can afford.

We can afford better than Grealish. Especially if we sell Eriksen.

I'm fine with Grealish coming in as a squad type player.

Status
Not open for further replies.