Cheltenham Away - Match Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Cheltenham Away - Match Thread

Aldred gets a yellow, Fk taken FT whistle blows.
Another game we should have won, chances galore first half hr.

Morbid - 29/10/2016 16:51

Sounds that way,Bear must not have shouted them on enough...or could not make it..

Morbid - 29/10/2016 16:51

Sounds that way,Bear must not have shouted them on enough...or could not make it..

Just got back in from a good day out and an entertaining game.

Apologies to Sexy for lack of texts: your phone number hadn't found its way over to my new phone.

We played all the football and 5 nil would have been the outcome but for sloppy defending and lack of clinical finishing. As it stands the side has physicality, spirit, work rate and good ability for this division.

We won't go down but to be play off contenders we would need to improve at each end.

Matt in the opening seconds should have finished more strongly and then Potts did everything right until he leant back and hit the bar when scoring would have been easier. Mellors put a glancing header wide and Vassell had a decent effort well saved by their deceptively porcine keeper. Some brave defending blocked 4 goal bound efforts from Pool in one crazy flurry and it began to look like it wasn't to be our day.

Our first equaliser was a superb team effort with Potts prominent. The second was a screamer worthy of winning any game at any level.

Individually Robertson impressed with his reading of the game and calm distribution, Mellors won important headers, Payne put in a real shift and Potts carries a real threat going forward. Vassell was very strong and lively whilst Matt contributed surprisingly well as the target man.

The corner has been turned and we have the basis of a squad and manager for the post Oyston era. :clap:

Thanks for your view Seb.
We have dropped points by the shedfull so far but Im hoping our strength of squad will start to show when injuries and suspensions kick in.
Amazing how some people still don't rate Potts.
He's going to become a very good player.

Potts put in a defensive shift too today. The younger talents like Potts and Vassell need to be tied down with improved longer contracts asap.

Good call on Potts Sexy. He may be one of those players that fans just don't like, Carlisle fans didn't rate him. For me I do like him as a decent player I think he falls foul of is he misses chances and it's not clear what his natural position is. I accept that he misses chances but he earns the right to miss and he is often our only likely scorer