Chelsea Academy | Vital Football

Chelsea Academy

FACup Triumph

Vital Squad Member
I've been offline for a while so this thread may have been discussed already? I don't like the sound of Chelsea setting up their academy net in Portsmouth one bit. The Chelsea talent trawl will undoubtedly affect Pompey's recovery plans.

Unfortunately they aren't the only ones. I believe that Spurs are also setting one up in city too.

It's all to do with the EPP programme that was vote don a while back and means that they can set up academies wherever they like. On he flip side though, at least the kids who sign with us aren't being led by money and are wanting to play for their hometown club.

It's completely wrong, but once again the lower league clubs are being ridden over roughshod by the financial muscle of the PL.

This is very sad, and yet another sign that the rich will just get richer in the football world.

Not too concerned as we will pick up the numerous good players rejected, we are 4th division now and at present we would lose them at youth level anyway for a pittance

criminal that such an appraoch should be allowed!

money talks and people allow such moves to take place, that should NEVER be allowed. of course clubs have cherry picked the talent anyway, but now not even 'nominal fees' that smaller clubs rely upon can be given with this sort of set-up...

It is a worry for the future because not only will local talent potentially be more interested in going to these academies, their presence may cause children to support these clubs as well. I hope Wiggie's right but I don't see anything positive in this for Pompey.

Eventually word will filter down from disgruntled parents that their kid "never got a chance" and that there were a clutch of youngsters from Brazil, Chile or whatever ahead of them in the pecking order.

Wot! more imigration lol! Its hard enough being rejected for the Hawks let alone Pompey with London on your patch. Pay attention 007blue we have no chance as a poor supporter led club in this environment