Charlton fans on Josh Parker! | Vital Football

Charlton fans on Josh Parker!

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
A mate of mine who's a Charlton regular reckon he's useless. So had a quick look on their forum and on one of the threads that mention him, amongst the comments are:

'Cannot understand what possessed us to sign him'
'Hopefully he can have a career in league two'
'He is crap'
'Even Gills got rid'
'Parker is Conference standard'

Didn't think he was that bad for us, maybe average. Obviously Charlton's standards are a lot higher than ours. I think he'll make the bench for them on Saturday

The Charlton fans I teach think he is shit. So funny when they celebrated signing Gills' forward only to discover it was Parker.

I know a Charlton nonce at work and he is not enamoured by Josh - apparently he has played quite a bit. I though it was a bizarre move - he was far from a regular for us, then went to a higher team and my mate says he was about all they bought in the window forward wise, so was more than just an intended back-up. I have no doubt he'll come back to haunt us on Saturday - the more average/poor the player the more likely. Baz Savage's 30 yard pea roller anyone?

Funny with Charlton. In the Jan window I think they sold a couple of their best players, and no one (apart from Josh) came in and their fans were fuming at the lack of investment.

And yet 2nd half of the season they probably played better, at least had better results. Locked in 5th (possibly 4th) and a week or 2 ago were still an outside chance of auto’s.

Would love to see us knock their confidence gong in to play offs, but think we’ll get turned over.

From what I read at the time they were wanting to sign two strikers. One to directly replace the one they sold and another squad player who would be a substitute who could offer something different. Josh was suppost to he the later, but became the former when the deal for the other player apparently fell through last minute.

Josh did have some good spells in front of goal last season and was looking a decent partnership with Eaves but then fizzled out at the end. The signing of Hålan and Charles-Cook and switching to a more three man strike force kinda pushed him out of the side and into a system that didn't quite suit him.

I liked Josh, he always applied himself and scored some crucial goals for us.

I think he may have been a little too outspoken and his unavailability to play for us when he was away on international duty was annoying. I can understand why we let him go when Charlton came in for him.

Fully expecting us to get bashed up on Saturday- We will invariably go 1-0 down again.

He was one of the handful of players who were sent home in the autumn for not putting the effort in so more likely to do with that rather than being outspoken or being on international duty (Zakuani was also signed knowing there might be unavailability).

On top of that,.with Lovell seemingly looking to have a mobile and pacy front line it could be a case Parker's playing style doesn't fit the long term plans.

I think he looked like quite a quality footballer when on the ball, and did score some good headers for us, but came across as a bit lazy, rarely chasing back after losing the ball, like Cody for example use to. But I think Baghdad's right, he probably fell out with SL after the 'sending home' incident.

Got two Charlton fans at work and neither rate him ( that's the polite terminology) although one did say he looked ok after his first game for them.

I did say you paid f all for him so what did you expect:lol:

I think he looked like quite a quality footballer when on the ball, and did score some good headers for us, but came across as a bit lazy, rarely chasing back after losing the ball, like Cody for example use to. But I think Baghdad's right, he probably fell out with SL after the 'sending home' incident.

Disagree entirely.
Effort was there but not the technique and certainly not the footballing brain.

Disagree entirely.
Effort was there but not the technique and certainly not the footballing brain.
I disagree with you there nibbles. I thought he was one player in our squad to get in to smart positions to start off good attacking play with some good passing, and regularly finished it also. with the ability to bring the ball down and get our other strikers into the game. I remember him holding up the ball a number of times then spraying an excellent pass out to eaves to set him on his way. Putting it out there, Is it a coincidence that Eaves poor form has coincided with Parker leaving?

I actually disagree with others who say Eaves lacks effort since jan. I havnt seen any lack of effort from him. However hes just not getting the ball in as many dangerous places as he used to.