Chanrai, ooops, sorry I mean Harris tries to stop the Trust getting council loan | Vital Football

Chanrai, ooops, sorry I mean Harris tries to stop the Trust getting council loan

Pompeytim

Vital 1st Team Regular
So it appears that Chanrai, sorry I mean Harris, sent a load of emails to council officials in order to stop the PST getting the loan money.

By stopping it then the PST's offer for FP would not be credible & the PST bid would collapse.

This, on the face of it, appears to be a shameless attempt to stop Chanrai losing his stranglehold over the future of Pompey for a mere £3m.

I have no real facts or evidence, but doesn't this stink of the final acts of a desperate regime??

Until you have the 'real facts', Tim, it doesn't stink of anything (except continued hatred of BC!).

True, I admit I could be completely wrong Blue, and you are right in that. But I have a gut feeling.

But yes, I do hate BC! Not sure there are many who do like him though - perhaps just you! ;)

I'm with Tim on this. There does almost appear to be an air of desperation now. Everything Chanrai/Harris do is becoming more public and is clearly attempts to derail the PST bid.
I do hate to say it but is this really the beginning of the end? The normal pessimism I have is waning somewhat.

Pompeytim - 28/2/2013 13:12

Not sure there are many who do like him though - perhaps just you! ;)

A wink isn't good enough, Tim ;-)

Because I like to see both sides of the coin doesn't indicate which side I prefer (something to do with my birth-sign, Libra - the balance??)

Pompeytim - 28/2/2013 12:24

So it appears that Chanrai, sorry I mean Harris, sent a load of emails to council officials in order to stop the PST getting the loan money.

By stopping it then the PST's offer for FP would not be credible & the PST bid would collapse.

This, on the face of it, appears to be a shameless attempt to stop Chanrai losing his stranglehold over the future of Pompey for a mere £3m.

I have no real facts or evidence, but doesn't this stink of the final acts of a desperate regime??
Smacks of desperation to me. :9:

From the front page article:

"This came despite a late effort from Keith Harris to derail the process by telling Councillors by email that if they promise money to the Trust they should give the same treatment to his consortium."

Sounds reasonable to me. He too could buy the park outright instead of leasing it.

(Straight into the pockets of BC - I can hear the cries :20: )

Blue, do you really think that Chanrai is a good guy, and that he is the best way forward for PFC? Or do you accept that he is a tough businessman out to squeeze as much as he can out of the club for himself & you're just comfortable with that?

Either or really.

Neil Allen has just tweeted a copy of said letter from Harris and co sent to the council. See the link to read for yourself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/pn_neil_allen/status/307221278362832896/photo/1

Pompeytim - 28/2/2013 19:56

(1) Blue, do you really think that Chanrai is a good guy, and that (2) he is the best way forward for PFC? Or (3a) do you accept that he is a tough businessman (3b) out to squeeze as much as he can out of the club for himself & (4) you're just comfortable with that?

(5) Either or really.

(1)---No
(2)---Don't know
(3a)-Yes
(3b)-Possibly
(4)---No
(5)---Not as simple as 'either or' for me Tim because I'm not that enamoured with the thought of a PST club as the ordinary fans seem to only be playing a minor supporting role.

Time will tell. I just want my grand old club back regardless of who's running it.

PFCblue - 1/3/2013 00:13

From the front page article:

"This came despite a late effort from Keith Harris to derail the process by telling Councillors by email that if they promise money to the Trust they should give the same treatment to his consortium."

Sounds reasonable to me. He too could buy the park outright instead of leasing it.

He was offering 5 million for Fratton Park. So he still couldn't afford it, even with a council loan!

Add the fact that his cash isn't even in the UK yet, and that the FL refuse to deal with him, means that the only outcome of this letter would be liquidation, had it been successful.

cannot see how anyone can really think that we would have a future, at least a sustainable one, under chainrai but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

certainly seems VERY MUCH tho as if harris has become the latest chainrai puppet, even if it is being constantly argued otherwise...