CHAMPIONS vs Hearts | Page 3 | Vital Football

CHAMPIONS vs Hearts

Good to see Kayal back, Paddy gets a run out and his first involvement is sorting out in defence after he and someone else make a mess of it but he dealt with it very well! Who will be the last sub? Surely Hooper will be subbed for someone, he's got his 4 goals, anymore is just greedy! lol.

Roy Hodgson are you watching? Because you should be calling up Hooper instead of Defoe, Crouch, Carroll, Zamora, Carlton Cole....

Hoops and the Champions go FIVE ALIVE

:emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01

:emoticon:30 :emoticon:30 :emoticon:30 :emoticon:30 :emoticon:30

Fantastic Celtic! Just fantastic! Fivetastic!

[img=http://www.celtic.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=549]

[img=http://www.celtic.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=549]

:emoticon:70 :emoticon:70 :emoticon:70 :emoticon:70 :emoticon:70

Incredible performance by the bhoys :emoticon:01 Hooper was sensational, good to see him get five goals, extremely impressive. An all round excellent performance. Always a great day to be a Celt but today is the best in a long time :emoticon:17

:emoticon:70 :emoticon:70 :emoticon:07 :emoticon:07

Great day to be in Green and White. It was fabulous to see Lenny lift the trophy, Broon, too. It was redemption day for both and a glorious afternoon for Hooper. Mon the Hoops. Let's get nine more!

:emoticon:73 :emoticon:73 :emoticon:73

i thought it was an average performance, hooper was ok but goals were easy and basically hearts wern't bothered about the game because they won the only game that mattered (the semi final) scoreline didnt reflect the game at all

Hooper played how he should always play, as a proper striker, playing on the shoulder of the defender and moving into spaces. The goals were easy, other than rounding the keeper, because of the space he made for himself, the runs he made and of course the play of the other players!

We played well today but Hearts weren't good either! It was great to see them lift the trophy, so well deserved.

Liam - stop yer moaning and just celebrate :emoticon:19

Take a leaf out of Welch's book and have yourself a partaay!

Believe me, end of season performances and scorelines like today's just don't come around that often. And for that reason alone they should be celebrated and cherished in the same way we(well me at least)are forever thankful that we were there that glorious day at Love Street in 1986.

Haw McCoist, ya cowardly loser and all round rat bastard

get this right roon ye

Lenny takes the trophy to the Green Brigade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNy9_QzRDRw&feature=youtu.be

i'm winding u lot up lol, easy fishing. What more can u ask lol total domination and hooper was class. need to sure up defence still though. but nice celebration and nice gesture by lenny to give trophy to the green brigade

ach Liam, yer a cunny wee funt! haha!

Interesting to hear Lenny is now off to France! He is away to watch Lille in training, see how things are done in France, speak to the Lille manager and get his thoughts and ideas on the game and on coaching. Lille are fighting for the title. He will also look at the youth academy and see if he can pick anything up there that might help back here. Lille have recently purchased a majority shareholding of a 3rd Division Belgian club to send out their youth players. Lennon thinks that may be a similar option to what Celtic should do, get the players out on loan sooner.

He will also speak to ex Celtic fitness coach, Gregory Dupont (the reason he managed to get all of this), and see if he can pick up any tips on fitness training.

interesting, how did u find this out? and also could be useful, lille arent much bigger club than us (i dont know much about their finances) but they have gone far in the champions league in recent years, i remember henrik burying a header against them for man utd and then the next yr lille were in 1/4 final again so he will be at a good club to learn from. i think we have some real talent in the youth at parkhead and it would be criminal to waste watt etc, we could use him but if not we could also sell on for a nice profit

It was on the Daily Rectum website today. Was having a look at what stories they had, check it most days, this was one of them and it's actually quotes from Lennon, they're not just making up a story as they often do! lol.

It will be very useful. Lille have kind of come from nowhere but won the title last season and were looking to retain it today. The usual big teams (Lyon and Marseille) haven't been having things their own way the last few seasons and other teams are now really pushing them. Lille have Joe Cole on loan so Lenny is going to speak to him as well. They have done OK in Europe but nothing special yet. Would be good to organise a pre-season friendly against them. They aren't a bigger club than us, but they certainly have a lot more money!

be interesting to see if theres anything we take from their structure. i was never interested in structure of the club or our youth academy etc but got so into celtic the last year or 2, become obsessed, and with the finances like they are at the moment, with us at such a disadvantage in europe but with high expectations, the scouting,youth and running of the club becomes more important and thus im more interested. be interesting to see how the trip goes

Well he did the same thing when he was development manager Tic, he went down to see Brendan Rodgers (now of Swansea) at Reading, went to see Martin O'Neill at Villa and he even spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson about the game as well. So he knows what he's doing! It's a very good idea and if he can find any other links to other teams, I would suggest he does more of this!

Oh, what did you think of the celebrations regarding the amount of celebrating by Bangura and Ibrahim....the two of them with Wanyama were practically hogging the trophy despite Ibrahim and Bangura barely playing this season! Wanyama has every reason to celebrate! I actually thought it was quite bad, I know they are excited to be part of it but know your place in the team I would suggest!

Latest Celtic News