Celtic transfer rumours II | Page 18 | Vital Football

Celtic transfer rumours II

This is going to be a recurrent problem odd. Lenny wanted 3 for each position,that was fanciful but we have a Plethora of players who can play in midfield but if he chops and changes like he did on Sunday....why leave out Juarez or Kayal for that matter,we are NEVER going to have a midfield that can play fluently. He surely knows by now who he has and what he wants...........there is no time left for experiments,we are playing for points now and fuck knows what America was for,half the team hadn't signed (The Almighty Dollar so beloved of Dr Death and Peter Lawell). We can't afford any slip ups because any team with Bougherra,Miller,Jelavic and Weissenengel is going to be a good team whether we like it or not.
Misun and Rogne are certainly good enough when fit enough,Loovens and Hui are good for my constipation and yes,Stokes will score in Scotland,which is just as well since we are not going any where fekkin else. Who knows where the time goes.

Jimmy Jimmy G - 31/8/2010 23:38

This is going to be a recurrent problem odd. Lenny wanted 3 for each position,that was fanciful but we have a Plethora of players who can play in midfield but if he chops and changes like he did on Sunday....why leave out Juarez or Kayal for that matter,we are NEVER going to have a midfield that can play fluently. He surely knows by now who he has and what he wants...........there is no time left for experiments,we are playing for points now and fuck knows what America was for,half the team hadn't signed (The Almighty Dollar so beloved of Dr Death and Peter Lawell). We can't afford any slip ups because any team with Bougherra,Miller,Jelavic and Weissenengel is going to be a good team whether we like it or not.
Misun and Rogne are certainly good enough when fit enough,Loovens and Hui are good for my constipation and yes,Stokes will score in Scotland,which is just as well since we are not going any where fekkin else. Who knows where the time goes.

misun has been fit all season and pre-season. lennon just doesnt seem to have the confidence to put him in there! why im not sure because from what ive seen, they boys got talent! when he has played LB, hes not afraid to get forward! good feet for a big defender! rogne has obviously got injured again but its not too serious and hopefully he can get a prolonged period of not getting injured. either of them playing in beside mjastro would be ideal now! they can learn from mjastro on the pitch and in training, they have big johan who was a quality CB in his playing days! but to be in our team in the future, they need games NOW! i think they are bother bigger and a more solid build than loovens or hooi, they are quicker and they are better tacklers! i cant see why we wouldnt play them......

i dont expect anything to happen in january either unless its a youngster becoming available but we wont see anyone for the first team!

none of us know or can even contemplate what lenny is thinking or planning. obviously we have been playing a certain formation recently but is that due to hooper being injured? or is that the formation we are going to see all year? if it is the formation we can expect, who plays up front? hooper or stokes? only one will play! sammy could still play but will be pushed out wide again (POINTLESS!).

america was pointless! we should have been at home training and practicing what lenny wants! next year we should stay at home and have teams coming here with a visit to the emirates or something towards the end of pre-season!

as for rangers.....they are always going to prove a challenge. they have that team spirit, that desire and somehow ability to grind out a win. its something have lacked for far too long!

Jimmy Jimmy G - 31/8/2010 23:38

We can't afford any slip ups because any team with Bougherra,Miller,Jelavic and Weissenengel is going to be a good team whether we like it or not.

you forgot davis,jimmy,he is their main man in my opinon.

but if you look at the two squads we should win hands down,they will struggle to compete in europe and domestically.

1 GK Allan McGregor
3 DF David Weir (captain)
4 DF Kirk Broadfoot
5 DF Saša Papac
6 MF Lee McCulloch
7 MF Maurice Edu
8 MF Steven Davis
9 FW Kenny Miller
10 MF John Fleck
11 FW Kyle Lafferty
14 FW Steven Naismith
16 DF Steven Whittaker
18 FW Nikica Jelavic
19 FW James Beattie
20 MF Vladimír Weiss (on loan from Manchester City)
22 DF Andy Webster
23 DF Jordan McMillan
24 DF Madjid Bougherra
25 GK Neil Alexander
29 FW Andrew Little
31 GK Grant Adam
32 MF Thomas Kind Bendiksen
34 FW Rory Loy
36 DF Ross Perry
37 MF Andrew Shinnie
38 MF Stephen Stirling
39 DF Gregg Wylde
40 MF Jamie Ness
41 MF Kyle Hutton
42 DF Richard Foster

Our squad…
2 DF Andreas Hinkel
3 DF Emilio Izaguirre
4 MF Efraín Juárez
5 DF Daniel Majstorovic
6 DF Jos Hooiveld
8 MF Scott Brown
9 FW Georgios Samaras
10 FW Anthony Stokes
11 DF Cha Du-Ri
12 DF Mark Wilson
13 FW Shaun Maloney
14 MF Niall McGinn
15 DF Milan Mišun
16 MF Joe Ledley
No. Position Player
17 MF Marc Crosas
18 MF Ki Sung-Yueng
20 MF Paddy McCourt
21 DF Charlie Mulgrew
22 DF Glenn Loovens
24 GK Lukasz Zaluska
25 DF Thomas Rogne
26 GK Fraser Forster (on loan from Newcastle United)
27 FW Daryl Murphy
30 MF Paul Slane
33 MF Biram Kayal
47 GK Dominic Cervi
49 FW James Forrest
88 FW Gary Hooper

i think if lennon was allowed to bring in westwood,wilson and setcher(sp) we would be going to bed alot more content.lets face it they would have cost around 6 million all in,and we must be up around 8 million.

how costly was going out of the europa league last week!!

wee_od_88 - 31/8/2010 23:29

:rotfl:

jimmy has a feeling something is going to happen tic and im just hoping his feeling is correct. personally i have my doubts though! esepcially now as there is only 35 mins left and ive not heard a peep!

what you think about rogne in beside mjastro once rogne is back fit tic?? do you think we will get to see much of misun this season as well?? do you think we SHOULD see them getting games this season??

The thing is, od, we really shouldn't be in a position where we'll more than likely <i>have</i> to rely on Rogne and Misun - just as we really <i>shouldn't</i> have had to rely on Josh and Rogne last season.

How many feckin years must we put up with this incompetence?
How many feckin years has that defence BADLY lacked quality?

The reason Josh is away on loan is because he isn't ready and isn't(yet) of the quality we need in a starting defender.

The exact same applies to Rogne and Misun. Both nothing more than 'prospects/projects' and on top of that both have injury records.

Misun is just back after an entire year out with a serious injury.

Rogne already had a serious injury before he joined us, and has been unable to stay injury free for more than a few weeks at a time since then.

This is our main, backup CB's we're talking about here - not two young kids from our youth set-up!

Jimmy is right, rnagers have a solid core. Jelavic and Weiss add some spark. We need Hooper and Stokes to come through up front and that their central defense finally breaks down. This will be a dogfight. I also think Lenny is going to soldier through the first half and get his CB in January.

TicV"Establishment" - 1/9/2010 00:07

wee_od_88 - 31/8/2010 23:29

:rotfl:

jimmy has a feeling something is going to happen tic and im just hoping his feeling is correct. personally i have my doubts though! esepcially now as there is only 35 mins left and ive not heard a peep!

what you think about rogne in beside mjastro once rogne is back fit tic?? do you think we will get to see much of misun this season as well?? do you think we SHOULD see them getting games this season??

The thing is, od, we really shouldn't be in a position where we'll more than likely <i>have</i> to rely on Rogne and Misun - just as we really <i>shouldn't</i> have had to rely on Josh and Rogne last season.

How many feckin years must we put up with this incompetence?
How many feckin years has that defence BADLY lacked quality?

The reason Josh is away on loan is because he isn't ready and isn't(yet) of the quality we need in a starting defender.

The exact same applies to Rogne and Misun. Both nothing more than 'prospects/projects' and on top of that both have injury records.

Misun is just back after an entire year out with a serious injury.

Rogne already had a serious injury before he joined us, and has been unable to stay injury free for more than a few weeks at a time since then.

This is our main, backup CB's we're talking about here - not two young kids from our youth set-up!

true tic, we shouldnt have to put up with this crap of bringing in crap defenders and not having some quality in there and we shouldnt have to rely on players so young, but since we didnt get that good CB we so desperately wanted in this transfer window, should they now be given a chance?? i think, or hope rather, that rogne and misun can become our quality CBs we need and want as they mature and gain that first team experience. it just seems strange that lenny gave them so many opportunities to play in pre-season and wont give them an opportunity in the first team this season. its not as though either of them played badly when they were playing in pre-season.

i for one and at least two or three others on here agree with me, they offer more than hooi and loovens already! thats how bad loovens and hooi are right now! they could be put out of a team by two young lads who between them dont have as much experience as either loovens or hooi! they are still young prospects but this could be a good season to help blood them into the first team and then we wouldnt need hooi, loovens or possibly another new CB.

they do both have their injury problems, misun had a nasty injury last year and they didnt rush him back but it took a while to sort, now he is back and fit though. last years injury was his first real injury problem, a couple of little niggly ones when he first joined and was in the reserves i think but nothing other players dont get as well. rogne's injuries are a little annoying but we just have to hope he can come back from this now and stay injury free for a decent period.

i read somewhere that thompson might be out on loan because lenny doesnt like him and doesnt think he has what it takes and is eventually looking to sell him.....dont know how true that is though.

Latest Celtic News