Casey Contract - Extended | Vital Football

Casey Contract - Extended

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Blackpool Football Club is delighted to announce that Oliver Casey has signed an extended contract at Bloomfield Road.

The defender has signed fresh terms, keeping him at the Club until at least June 2026, with the option for a further 12 months.

Casey originally joined the Seasiders from boyhood Club Leeds United in the summer of 2021, making a handful of appearances in the Championship, in a season where he also scored his first ever senior goal in a 2-0 victory at Barnsley.

The 22-year-old spent the entirety of last season on loan at Forest Green Rovers in League One, where he went on to make 48 appearances in all competitions. He was also named their Player of the Season.

Having now returned to Bloomfield Road, Casey has become a strong component of Neil Critchley's squad so far this season, having already made 16 appearances in all competitions.

On extending his stay at Blackpool, Oliver Casey said:

“I'm really happy to have got this done. I've really enjoyed my football so far this season and am looking to really push on now.

"I think my game has developed a lot since I joined the Club two years ago. Playing regularly is all any player wants to do, and I've been fortunate enough to be involved a lot - both this season and last season at Forest Green. It's taken my game to another level, and hopefully I can keep progressing.

"I've loved every minute playing in tangerine, and will continue to work hard for the Club and the supporters week-on-week."