Carlisle United (a): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do To Beat Them? | Vital Football

Carlisle United (a): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do To Beat Them?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
What 3 things do The Imps need to do to pick up all three points on Friday afternoon?

Minimum of 150 words required!

1. Continuity
Field the same players that have taken 22 points from our last 10 games, fitness permitting. We seem to have found our best line-up, especially in that inconsistent central midfield area which is the defensive and creative engine room of the side. Five goals conceded in those ten games demonstrates that a solid unit has been created in tandem with an outstanding defence, while the Pett/O'Hara partnership gives us attacking cohesion in the middle of the pitch that was missing before. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. If only Bruno were injury-free!

2. Continuity
Away performances have been quite a contrast to those at home in 2019 (15 points at home, 19 away). That is partly because we are allowed to play with more freedom away from Sincil Bank without some clogging side from the foot of the table keeping ten players behind the ball in a desperate attempt not to lose. Whatever we are doing to achieve that, same again please. Assuming Carlisle will try to beat us in a final attempt to reach the play-offs, there should be opportunities for us going forward. Given their injury woes, Danny will have identified specific areas to target.

3. Continuity
Our away support this season has been incredible, the like of which I have never seen in my fifty-odd years. The vast numbers speak for themselves, but it is the noise that is the definitive difference and the overriding memory I will take from this season. The 2,000+ heading to Brunton Park need to keep that noise going for just one more game, and the title could be in the bag. How badly do you want to go up as champions and show League Two who the manager of the year really is? Me too. Let's get singing!