Caretaker Duo Return To Academy | Vital Football

Caretaker Duo Return To Academy

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
With new manager Mark Warburton confirming that both Gary Brazil and Jack Lester had been offered their former roles back, just prior to the weekend's draw with...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?579320">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

VitalFootballAdmin - 20/3/2017 09:27

With new manager Mark Warburton confirming that both Gary Brazil and Jack Lester had been offered their former roles back, just prior to the weekend's draw with...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?579320">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

I should bloody hope so1

Still not confirmed on the OS, but then again nobody has yet bothered to write profiles of the new manager and his assistant. Come on - how long would that take?? Copy and paste most of it in a tick.

Nanpantan red - 20/3/2017 11:52

Still not confirmed on the OS, but then again nobody has yet bothered to write profiles of the new manager and his assistant. Come on - how long would that take?? Copy and paste most of it in a tick.

In fairness it was confirmed on Saturday Nan

http://mobile.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/nottingham-forest-gary-brazil-jack-lester-3631692.aspx

Good luck to them and I'm pleased for both. As a bonus their woeful results mean they won't be stolen to manage somewhere else other than the conference as both are not big enough and conference standard at best.

Will.NFFC - 20/3/2017 12:09

Nanpantan red - 20/3/2017 11:52

In fairness it was confirmed on Saturday Nan

http://mobile.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/nottingham-forest-gary-brazil-jack-lester-3631692.aspx

Don't know how I missed that but I did. However still not re-instated on the "Who's who" section on the OS, which is really what I was referring to.

The passion of both GB & JL shone through ( no surprise there ) - Jack in particular confessed that he is in love with football ( repeated that several times ).
Not much to report. A few titbits:

- Jack believes that the current academy graduates are ruthless, talented & aggressive enough to take the club back into the Premier League.

- when asked about the importance of Cat 1 status Gary was not too fussed with the one exception of the 'games programme' that the top category brings.

- in response to 'do players have too much power?' GB responded by saying he believed this to be the case at the top end & referenced what has happened down the A46 as an example.

- JL talked about the players needing to be 'tribal' when representing the club on the field. GB suggested that JL was particularly desperate to win any game against Sheffield Wednesday. Derby County 'complained' after a recent Academy game ( didn't mention the age group but JL just chuckled ).

All in all a good night - also attended by a smattering of U23's inc Iacovitti, Yates, Gomis, Gabriel & Edser.

Just seen - on another board - a suggestion that both GB & JL will be gone at the end of the season with McParland to bring in his own people? Hope someone can refute this - bad news ( in my opinion ) if they were allowed to leave!

Not a single post picking up on the fact that this is another financial commitment being made by our much criticised owner.

ThePromisedLand - 22/3/2017 10:46

The passion of both GB & JL shone through ( no surprise there ) - Jack in particular confessed that he is in love with football ( repeated that several times ).
Not much to report. A few titbits:

- Jack believes that the current academy graduates are ruthless, talented & aggressive enough to take the club back into the Premier League.

- when asked about the importance of Cat 1 status Gary was not too fussed with the one exception of the 'games programme' that the top category brings.

- in response to 'do players have too much power?' GB responded by saying he believed this to be the case at the top end & referenced what has happened down the A46 as an example.

- JL talked about the players needing to be 'tribal' when representing the club on the field. GB suggested that JL was particularly desperate to win any game against Sheffield Wednesday. Derby County 'complained' after a recent Academy game ( didn't mention the age group but JL just chuckled ).

All in all a good night - also attended by a smattering of U23's inc Iacovitti, Yates, Gomis, Gabriel & Edser.

Just seen - on another board - a suggestion that both GB & JL will be gone at the end of the season with McParland to bring in his own people? Hope someone can refute this - bad news ( in my opinion ) if they were allowed to leave!

Thanks mate, appreciate that.

jbacsta - 22/3/2017 14:32

Not a single post picking up on the fact that this is another financial commitment being made by our much criticised owner.

A financial commitment that costs significantly less than he's recouped by selling the players it's produced, players he's had to sell due to his own financial mismanagement of the club as a whole.

Oh aye, bravo Fawaz, well played :1:

jbacsta - 22/3/2017 14:32

Are you fooking kidding me?

What do you think has part funded his self inflicted losses for the past few years and now underpins half the first team squad?

Far from suggesting that GB and JL are on the way out, does this vacancy advert not show that our DOF is beginning to build in the right places.

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/nottingham-forest-head-of-academy-recruitment-vacancy-3636748.aspx

They are obviously very happy and have been with the club for the last few years

Let's keep it that way as they are very much wanted by other clubs

It's a testament to our club that they want to stay

Now fook all of you who want to try and paint a negative picture in this