Cardiff Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Cardiff Thread

finally listened to cc and I am not really bothered about the 29 attempts we had. Its quality we need and there were only a couple
of quality efforts. Shooting over the bar and average saves by keeper are not inspiring.

Exactly, it looked like most of the shots were from distance. Any team could do that if they spent the entire game shooting from out side the box. That stat on itself doesn't suggest we were unlucky it more suggests that there is something seriously wrong with our ability to create real goal scoring chances.

the only stat I am interested in so how many more goals we get than opposition and in last 8 games we have score 4 and conceded 11.

I am no longer interested in stats . Hugh has now proved to me that he cant manage at this level after Saturdays joke tactics and substitutions . He wont change and will drag us down . SACK HIM AND THOSE 2 COMEDIANS WHO HELP HIM :bye:

STORM BREWING
in mcnallys office tomorrow morning,leaving a trail of destruction
uprooting hughton trollope and calderwood,wait a few days for calm to descend and new roots to appear. :bye:

I think we should give him until Christmas. That way when we are bottom and fifteen points adrift I will know for sure it's not working.

I think the posts in the various threads runnung over the last few days have just about said it all. Supposedly 31 attempts (I don't think I saw that many!) and no goals. That is a team that has no belief in winning. We are losers, and that is a really hard rut to get out of. The real talent in management can turn losers into winners - witness Torres at Chelsea this year compared to last - I am afraid Hughton and his cronies are unlikely to be able to achieve this. They are too text book driven, hence the inane substitutions on saturday. Cardiff was an eminently winnable game, Hughton approached it in the same old cautious way; we got it going well in the first half, but Mackay's substitutions at half time negated our midfield dominance. That obviously scared the life out of our "coaches" in that they could see them getting a foothold so no changes of any significance were made. He could have taken a defender off for god's sake, but caution rules his head. The worst little cameo of the game for me was Pilkington's miss from Hooper's low cross: simply not sharp enough to get on the end of it. He is one that is seriously letting us down. As for Snodgrass, I find it unbelievable that so much is channelled via him - he just doesn't create any real danger.