Byrne Signs | Page 2 | Vital Football

Byrne Signs

Received and understood ?

Thought I'd missed a vital thread somewhere as you've mentioned it a few times,

Weirdly it only seems to be happening to Wayne. Additionally, unlike the genuine eBay ads, sometimes with Wayne's it puts a question mark rather than a full stop.

I have to admit when it happened to Wayne, I assumed he was making a joke observation about the way the ads were sneaked into the thread.

Blimey, sorry mate, no offence meant. To explain, every summer the myth about transfers only happening on that date has caused AK some consternation. I was winding him up more than you (Don't worry, he's a big boy and knows I'm only joking :rolleyes:)

Haha yeh not sure why you deleted the comment. I was desperate for someone to say it as we've not had many this year. It's all been far too sensible. I feel like I may have busted the myth once and for all! Sad times. Who can I get angry at now.

Haha yeh not sure why you deleted the comment. I was desperate for someone to say it as we've not had many this year. It's all been far too sensible. I feel like I may have busted the myth once and for all! Sad times. Who can I get angry at now.

If we now announce 3 signings on 1st July, oh how I'd larf :lol:

(actually, 2nd. 1st is a Sunday).

You may have busted the myth but I must add that if no one else mentions it again, I will just for the shits and giggles ?

Now bring on the announcement of 5 new signings on Monday with a press release from Scally saying "we would love to have announced these earlier but because of the July 1st rule, we've been unable to say anything".

You may have busted the myth but I must add that if no one else mentions it again, I will just for the shits and giggles ?

Now bring on the announcement of 5 new signings on Monday with a press release from Scally saying "we would love to have announced these earlier but because of the July 1st rule, we've been unable to say anything".
Who said there was any rule ?Players out of contact are no longer being paid by their old club generally on the last day of June .That will almost certainly mean there will be more players signing deals between the end of this week and the end of next week than almost any other week .No rules .Nothing written down .Just in the lower league's players are not generally that rich .They want to be paid same as we do .This season training has started a week earlier that normal at quite a few clubs this may of course mean that managers will be keen to bring players in before that date .
There is no reason why we are more likely to sign anyone on or around this date if they are under contract other than training and pre season arrangements .However with Gillingham money could be a issue so any further deals could be held up by lack of funds .Investment ,incoming transfer fees (from Egan ,Dack or a current player being sold . )If it is believed that any extra money is due to arrive this could hold up any large incoming deal for a player .

But I have been going to Old Trafford or London a few times a year for well over 50 years to watch united so no excuse lol.
Still only seen gills v utd once and that was when Steve Bruce came down with a team of Utd youngsters for the Buster Collins testimonial.