Brighton 19:30 Tottenham Thursday 28 th MATCH THREAD | Page 23 | Vital Football

Brighton 19:30 Tottenham Thursday 28 th MATCH THREAD

Funnily enough as I get older the more I realise that football is to be enjoyed and as child I grew up watching the local village team, progressed to watching Grimsby Town and also became hooked, after the 1962 Cup Final, on keeping a scrap book on and supporting Spurs.

As a youngster you don’t appreciate tactics, style of play or care that much about the results you just enjoy watching football. Last night we were, for a good forty minutes or more, getting a bit of a roasting but I had pride in how we kept trying to play our game and, despite recommendations from some to forget the final 20 minutes, I loved the way we finished the game during which Udogie and Emerson were excellent and if Gil had connected with Udogie’s pull back or Hoj’s shot had sneaked in we really could have been smirking.

My point is I now love watching Spurs play again, even when we lose like last night, because it’s entertaining and helps you forget parts of your life which aren’t going as well as you hope. The inception of the Premiership has unfortunately also brought with it 24 hour sports programmes that need to fill time, get customers to engage phone in so Sky Sports and Talksport give us non stop brainwashing on the merits or mistakes of Managers and promote the Manager is in trouble thread as soon as any side has three bad results on the trot, it’s embarrassing and pathetic journalis.

Reading this thread and you could believe we have no decent players and we are so quick to slag players off e.g. Viz for over celebrating his first ever Premiership goal being totally unbelievable, Johnson not good enough Kulu a waist of space etc. Some of these players need time to settle and look back and see the stick many gave to Emerson and Porro in their early days and see what valuable members of the squad they now are.

A real positive is our last three or four transfer windows have seen us bring in players who have both quality and significant potential to improve given their age. Porro, Emerson, VDV, Sarr, Viz, Johnson, Kulu Udogie plus Vic in goal, Bents and Bassouma and it finally feels like we have reversed our trend on buying duds.

Come on chaps we are getting better but there’s going to be bumps on the way but enjoy watching the freedom we now play with and if we lose we’re we worth watching as a team?
By far the best comment so far this season. Good on ya, Skelly. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bloody hell, reading comments from some of you guys I'd be forgiven for thinking we're relegation candidates!

I'll say it a million times, we need time to rebuild. Ange bravely got rid of Sanchez, Rodon, Spence and Tanganga because it was the best thing to do for the long term. Imagine if they had stinkers and we couldn't farm them out in January?

We're in touching distance of 4th and hanging with some seriously good teams right now.

Bloody hell, reading comments from some of you guys I'd be forgiven for thinking we're relegation candidates!

I'll say it a million times, we need time to rebuild. Ange bravely got rid of Sanchez, Rodon, Spence and Tanganga because it was the best thing to do for the long term. Imagine if they had stinkers and we couldn't farm them out in January?

We're in touching distance of 4th and hanging with some seriously good teams right now.
I think it's just down to the frustration that we could be doing even better but for a few poor results against sides we could/should have beaten.