Brentford Player Scores | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brentford Player Scores

Panti 4...at fault in tbeir second nd not commanding enough when u consider his height...on the other hand he is very vocal with his team mates
Dariwka 6 nothing out of this world just did the job...an average player
Robinson 6 similar to Dariwka not that much of a difference from Ozzy to be honest but at least many fans are happy now that Ozzy has been dislodged from the left side of defence..
Hefele 5 for sure he is no John Terry at his prime...another vocal player..is that much better then Figi? Still early days...should have covered Brent defender better for their second
Fox 6 cant understand why people blame him for anything ...defence is constantly under pressure so its members tend to make mistakes..gets his team mates out of jail very often...
Part 1

Midfield
Diaz 5 ineffective ...nd now is starting to dive too
Lolley 5 poor from The boy today coukdnt even control simple passes
Colback 4 same old from the Col...dont know how much we r paying for him but is he any better the Britcutt? Yates?
Watson 4 with him nd tge Col in midfield we r going nowhere...i m afraid that we will be flirting with relegation with bith of them in the middle...
Part 2

Attack
Carvahlo 5 poor but not all his fault...he tries but the other mifielders doesnt help him ..went completly awol in the last half hour..the boy has talent but not worth the 13 million spent ...at least on what shown so far..
Murphy 5 same old murph...dont expect him to chase nd press defenders for the whole game ...a half decent defender can cut out of the game no problem..
Part 3

Bit early to write Carvalho off yet though , not saying he's anywhere near the same class or even the same type of player as obviously he's not but Thierry Henry struggled for a while when he first went to Arsenal.
If we were actually playing football as a team it might help instead of most of the disjointed stuff and hopeful punts to Murphy we've served up so far.

Last edited:
Bit early to write Carvalho off yet though , not saying he's anywhere near the same class or even the same type of player as obviously he's not but Thierry Henry struggled for a while when he first went to Arsenal.
If we were actually playing football as a team it might help instead of most of the disjointed stuff and hopeful punts to Murphy we've served up so far.
Also he is not exactly struggling, the problem is expectation from the fans

I watched this match back - it took me three sittings, 14 screenshots and 5 pages of notes just to get through the first half!

I find it difficult to focus on giving players a score because the system did not work at all, until the players were over achieving (within the system) for ten minutes or so after they got their lucky goal.

The pressing system was as bad as I've seen a Forest team play, and the midfielders did not appear to know what jobs they were doing.

Although poor, Colback and Watson were not the problem; the problem was Dias and Lolley not doing their job when off the ball - therefore not only did they have to contend with the three Brentford central midfielders in the middle, but also thet had to station themselves wide enough to deal with players in our wingers areas of responsibility.

Coupled with that, they had zero cover from Murphy and Carvalho because they were consistently employing a high press but the rest of the team weren't. This is completely unacceptable and should have been sorted out immediately. The manager, the whole of the Forest coaching staff, and all of the players would have realised this within the first few minutes. Time after time they were picked off, but either nothing was done or the players failed to respond to instructions. We may as well of had 9 men when off the ball. I can't believe nothing was done about this.

I just don't get it. Some of the situations were unbelievable - at one stage, Carvalho and Murphy were closing down players wide left while Brentford are taking a throw in... and the rest of the players were sat in their own half! Brentford simply took the throw in over Murphy and Carvalho's heads and proceeded to carry the ball, unchallenged, well into the Forest half. It was laughable.

More mobile and energetic midfielders would have coped better, but I feel even the likes of Petit and Viera would have struggled in that team on Saturday. Don't like to say it but this was the manager's issue really.

The one thing you cannot let your opponents do is walk through your middle, but the above led to this happening consistently. If Dougie Freedman can get this right (this is what his, by far inferior, teams prevented quite well) this group should not be allowing this.

I'd give Fox, Cash and Osborn slight credit, but the rest were totally ineffective and this should have been 7 or 8 goals for Brentford, who I thought were quite wasteful.

Lots to work on.

Last edited:
Boffin, this reflects very badly on AK. These are his players. He didn't inherit them.

It does.

WHether the players were told what was happening (they would have known anyway - particularly with the pressing, which wasn't the biggest problem but was the easiest to spot) and didn't do anything about it, or the instructions came I don't know. But it was a very bad day at the office, especially for Karanka.

I couldn't understand it because up until now he's appeared to me to respond to problems very sucessfully. He did make the subs out wide which helped the problem of Lolley and Dias not doing their jobs off the ball, but it didn't solve that tactical issues. Couldn't beleive what I was watching.

I don’t want to make excuses for Krankz because I’ve made my feelings about him perfectly plain before however one of the reasons we look disjointed and disorganised is we are it’s a lot of new players to bed in. Getting everyone looking like a team who’ve played together for months isn’t going to be an overnight thing.

What is a worry is the Portuguese lads, this wasn’t a freezing night in the driving rain in some Brexit shithole in an ex mill or mining town where a team are trying bully us and play the percentages. This was a lightweight team in the capital on a warm afternoon. Ok they need time to settle & have a combined age of Michael Dawz but it doesn’t bode well for what is a long season ahead.