Bradley Stevenson out on loan | Vital Football

Bradley Stevenson out on loan

Is it constructive to send Bradley down to a level two below the National League ? He`s a big lad who needs experience but, a team sitting sixteenth in the Bostik League ? We`ll see, i guess.

Looking back the loan of Oldaker to Hythe seems to have done him a lot of good.There is only so much you can do in friendlies and training. A bit of a stint where he can dominate could prepare him for us later in the season.Higher levels would probably only allow a long loan spell.

Is it constructive to send Bradley down to a level two below the National League ? He`s a big lad who needs experience but, a team sitting sixteenth in the Bostik League ? We`ll see, i guess.
Lovell’s been asked about this sort of thing before. If we sent players to Conference teams then there’s no guarantee they would play. If they go lower down they are more likely to start matches. Location is also a factor, at Margate we can keep an eye on his progress and the travel is not too bad for the player.

Lovell’s been asked about this sort of thing before. If we sent players to Conference teams then there’s no guarantee they would play. If they go lower down they are more likely to start matches. Location is also a factor, at Margate we can keep an eye on his progress and the travel is not too bad for the player.

I take the point, Lark but slightly longer loan at a higher standing club would be better IMHO, even National League South.

Who should we force him on?

We shouldn`t force him on anyone, obviously. But he`s a lad who played at L1 level and would do a good job for a team two or three levels below the Gills; it`s not unreasonable to expect that our network of contacts is spread fairly well.