Bradford | Vital Football

Bradford

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
This could prove to be a watershed for Pools season, a least a point and a goal are essential if the positivity within the club is not to evaporate.
Assuming that there are no, further, injuries from Saturday's match I'd revert to the tried and tested 5 3 2 formation with Goodwin and Fondop leading the attack. I doubt that Liddle will be available so playing Odisina, Byrne and Zaine as the back 3 is probably the best selection, whilst the "Wollf Pack" of Holohan, Featherstone and Shelton gives midfield solidity.

As those of us long term Poolies know the one thing that we can expect from Pools is the unexpected!

I gather from the interview with Dave C that Zaine picked up an injury at Salford which is why he was hooked so may not be available. From the highlights Odusina was comfortably beaten in the air for Salford's opener so I fear what Cook, Bradford's big CF will do to him. Absolutely no optimism for Tuesday's game

More changes to the forward line, Cullen and Mols start, another change of formation 4 4 2 or possibly 4 3 3 / 4 3 1 2 - who can guess!

This constant chopping and changing is too reminiscent of the final days of Higgys tenure(s) as manager as he cast about for a winning formula.

Always hopeful, but..................?

Unsurprisingly! - Pools, who haven't won an away game all season, beat Bradford, who hadn't lost at home all season.
I guess as I said in my initial thread Pools can, always, be relied on to do the unexpected

Delighted my pre match pessimism was unfounded. Cullen starting to look sharp so if he has a run of form we may yet have a very good season. On the whole I gather it was a good all round performance with Bradford being restricted to very few chances. Up the Pools!!