Bowton | Page 3 | Vital Football

Bowton

Under administration their debts would be suspended and their gate money would probably be enough to run the club. There would also be the possibility of the league stepping in with a loan or some form of guarantee to get them to the end of the season to avoid all the repercussions a bankruptcy would entail to the clubs in the division. It would probably not be in the interest of the EFL to see them wound up.

To fund admin I think you need to cover 3 months of cost, probably around 3 million in their case. I doubt gate money would cover that given most is upfront in terms of season tickets. It's why hmrc won't as they are only owed around 1-1.5 million. No way Anderson will or can. Maybe one of the other creditors could if willing. Could the efl? Legally I don't know, but I'm sure they would want them to fulfill fixtures given the issues that would unfold if they didn't.

My gut feeling is they won't go bust, however they've so much debt so unless someone is willing to take it on it's a distinct possibility. Plus the owner will clearly want a profit on top for himself.

I think they’ll somehow avoid any punishment and just carry on with a new owner. They'll be in league 1 next season, I just hope we’re not there with them.

To fund admin I think you need to cover 3 months of cost, probably around 3 million in their case. I doubt gate money would cover that given most is upfront in terms of season tickets. It's why hmrc won't as they are only owed around 1-1.5 million. No way Anderson will or can. Maybe one of the other creditors could if willing. Could the efl? Legally I don't know, but I'm sure they would want them to fulfill fixtures given the issues that would unfold if they didn't.

My gut feeling is they won't go bust, however they've so much debt so unless someone is willing to take it on it's a distinct possibility. Plus the owner will clearly want a profit on top for himself.

Not sure where you get the three months costs figure from MiW but having had to suffer the indignity of a company going into administration I was never made aware of that being required. When the company I was associated with went into administration the administrator literally took over the running of the company and negotiated a suspension of the company debts until such time that the company was sold, made viable again or entered liquidation. He also negotiated a loan guarantee from the bank to cover running costs until a decision was made on the companies future. The company was eventually considered not to be viable and was liquidated and the Bank were repaid out of the proceeds. This is similar to what I would expect the EFL would do, they would then be considered preferential creditors along with HMRC, VAT any other secured creditor.