Bournemouth v Newcastle United | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bournemouth v Newcastle United

No team could lose 12 of their better players and continue to perform at a high intensity but I actually thought that Howe has been managing the squad rotation well.

I would go further and say that these injuries are a mix of bad luck, the unknown in regards to Tonali and maybe spending that cash on a different player in hindsight, the expected injury issues that crop up now and then plus the result of having harder fixtures than most in the league, the league cup and the champions league. Days like this will always happen but today's result was obvious in that it was because of the missing men.

Going forward im unsure if top 5 is still the target but it wouldn't be the worst result in the world if we missed out on Europe next year altogether before strengthening our squad further in the next two windows and then going all out next season on trying to challenge the top 2 or 3.

players are dropping like flies because for some reason Howe seems to think he can use the same 13 or 14 players for every game and get the same intensity. I cannot understand why he is so afraid to rotate. Generally when we pick up an injury and someone comes in they do a good job but the only changes that seem to be happening are the ones that are forced. It's not a coincidence or bad luck that we have so many injuries happening.

I am not expecting much until we get our injured quality players back and even then feel we will be short on top quality in certain areas. The January transfer window will be key.
We have done well so far and are probably ahead of where we thought, so patience is required.
Howe has done a magnificent job but whether he is the man to lead us to trophies I am not sure.

Reactions: Rza
If the team do not finish in a European place, it will be more difficult to attract the best players. I'd be happy with any European place considering where he club is at currently.

One or two decent purchases in the January sales would be nice.

Regarding rotating the squad, Howe had Livramento, Hall, Dummett and Kraft available at Bournemouth, so why not play Kraft and Dummett and rest Trippier and Schar. Kraft and Dummett had played well together previously and Trippier and Schar were knackered. Joelinton is not a centre forward ashe has proved numerous times yet he ends up playing there after Gordon moved to the wing.
Thats why I do not think Howe has helped himself. A learning process so mistakes will be made and the squad has been hard hit by injuries and suspensions. We will be happy to finish top 6 imo.

Howe started Hall at Bournemouth and he had a fairly torrid time when Semenyo attacked down the wing. Howe swapped him with Lavramento at HT and it was a bit better. When we had to replace Miggy with Ritchie after half an hour we knew we were down to the bare bones. Added to that we have not won a game when Bruno isn't playing is always at the back of your mind.

So Kraft and Dummett who were good enough to play against Manu away were not used when it is obvious that Trippier is shattered and has not performed to his level in recent games.
Its a sad state of affairs if we cannot win without Bruno. Smacks of a one man team.

Trippier was rested for the cup game at Man U and came on after 75 mins when we were 3-0 up and coasting as was Bruno who had come on 10 mins earlier when we 3-0 up. Targett getting injured after 5 mins obviously didn't help the injury situation. Looking at securing a top 6 spot is a lot better than chasing 40 points to avoid relegation. Entitled clubs can bleat all they want but we will get there.

We are going to pay the price for not signing a Striker in the summer. What club goes into a season with 2 recognised forwards 1 of which we knew was injury prone and would struggle to make half the games