Bo Kyung | Vital Football

Bo Kyung

I once met him and Jermaine Pennant at a WAFC Soccer School, a right pair of miserable bastards, looked as though they didn't want to be there, no time for the kids, not even a smile on the photo's, not a bad player though.

If he'd have stayed here he'd have likely got a work permit as he was already registered with us and I've never heard of a player who is already with you effectively having their WP revoked. But when he chose to leave to stay in the Championship it was a new work permit process and I believe Blackburn were the ones who failed to convince the powers that be he was worthy of an exception as he hadn't played enough international games to automatically qualify.

For all his faults Malky had a decent eye for a player.

This 4 2 3 1 is supposed to be about passing. How do we manage to set up with five in the middle yet still end up hoofing it. Dont get me wrong but too much passing and possession football plus passing for passing sake is equally as dull as dishwater so I would suggest Cooky just get the Paul Jewell videos out (of the most exciting three seasons I can remember)for the players over the beers this weekend. Three seasons being his last in League One and his two in The Championship. As Weller said "Thats Entertainment "

This 4 2 3 1 is supposed to be about passing. How do we manage to set up with five in the middle yet still end up hoofing it. Dont get me wrong but too much passing and possession football plus passing for passing sake is equally as dull as dishwater so I would suggest Cooky just get the Paul Jewell videos out (of the most exciting three seasons I can remember)for the players over the beers this weekend. Three seasons being his last in League One and his two in The Championship. As Weller said "Thats Entertainment "

At that time we were signing all the best players and being accused by many of buying our success, I do agree with you about it being exciting but those three seasons imho pales into insignificance to Jewells first season in the Prem when we were little Wigan at our greatest, upsetting many established teams, and giving us a great deal of exciting football win lose or draw.

edit. I forgot to add that although we have seen some great edge of the seat games at the JJB/DW I thought the 2-3 home defeat by Arsenal in that first season was technically the best game I have ever seen the tics involved in where we went toe to toe with some of the best players in the world and produced some stunning football ourselves.

Last edited: