BLADES v Chelsea at BDBL on Sunday. | Page 4 | Vital Football

BLADES v Chelsea at BDBL on Sunday.

Arblaster will replace Doyle.

In fact the comparison is so close, that if we weren't signing Doyle, we shouldn't have loaned Arblaster out.

Grbic will be fine IMHO - he's just the current hitman for the fans. He's arrived at a time when we are conceding goals for fun, he's not used to our style of play, he's no doubt shorn of confidence and it always takes time to adjust to a new club.

Does any of this actually matter at the moment - not really as we are going down anyway - and need to. There's been a huge turnover of players in the last 12 months and we have lost the one player who always got us a win/out of trouble. I'm starting to see the seeds of recovery and feel more optimistic now than at any point over the last 12 months. I actually didn't enjoy last season, with our endless 1-0 wins against the bottom half of the table clubs, and defeats against the top half clubs. It didn't bode well anyway.

Give him time and get behind him. He's just the latest Doyle/Coutts/Ramsdale etc etc.

Welcome to the Lane Ivo!
I'd agree that we are seeing a few green shoots of recovery Aya but as for 'does it matter'? then I think it does for 2 reasons
1) we are stuck with him as our permanent Number 1 regardless of which league we are in.
2) More worrying- whislt we might have given up all hope, the professionals representing us should be busting a gut to both prove their worth and show that they have the levels of pride , professionalism and performance needed.
The evidence so far, concerning Grbic's performances, are showing he's not good enough.

As I said before Ramsdale did improve but Grbic, at 28, should be more like the finished,competent article than we have seen so far.

Last edited:
From what I've seen of 28 year old Grbic it's fanciful thinking he'll come good, especially in the Championship full of kick and rush teams pumping balls into our area. Chelsea had an XG of just 0.6, their striker Jackson was dispossessed 21 times yet they still score twice. Grbic barely moves in games, the one time he did it was to get out of the way of a shot straight at him.

He played 21 times for Lille, during which they had a 13 game unbeaten streak, but still the Lille fans didn't have a good word to say about him. This is his last game for the French club, the game that ended his career for them.

After Sunday's game Trusty should buy Grbic a luxury Harrods Hamper for deflecting how hopeless he was. Trusty was responsible for the corner for Chelsea's first and the shot for their second. Madueke rinsed him.

Chelsea's second goal was another one we conceded where several players screwed up. Wilder criticised Hamer for losing the ball in the middle when we'd committed players forward - Osborn and Holgate down the wings. It breaks to Palmer who has the freedom of the pitch, he passes the ball to Madueke out on the wing half way in our half. It's now 4 v 4 and Trusty is in a good position to challenge Madueke or close him down to buy us enough time to get our defensive shape back. Trusty instead drops back allowing Madueke to get into our box.

Meanwhile Bogle and Anel track back and take good defensive positions, Robinson does his headless chicken routine and ends up not marking anyone and not in a position to block any shot.

I'll give Hamer a pass because in losing the ball he's trying to get it forward, Robinson was poor and Trusty and Grbic were abysmal.

Worst defence in premier league history can't score at the other end been adrift all season take yer pick 🤷‍♂️
Go on then i'll gi thi some, top division to lowest in 5 seasons 1976-81,yes FIVE seasons,6 yes SIX seasons in League one not too long ago, and as a one off Boxing day 1979.UTB