Billy Knott relishing the opportunity to attack | Vital Football

Billy Knott relishing the opportunity to attack

Good to read some news about The Gills. Now pre- season training has begun can we now concentrate on football. As for Billy Knott has he been signed incase Dack goes or to play alongside him?

He's clearly being lined up to play in Dack's role, just behind the strikers. When JED came here he gave Dack the free attacking role, and Dack has publicly praised JED for that decision. I read an article on the Bradford website that said when he first broke into the team at Bradford 2 years ago, it was the attacking role behind the strikers that he played. It was this time that he looked brilliant apparently. This is the position he played when Bradford beat chelsea and he scored a great goal in that game too apparently.

As far as I can see JED is looking to get Knott in exactly the same role, and we can more or less guarantee Dack will be on his way before the transfer window closes.

I certainly see Knott as Dacks replacement. If Dack wasn't on thew verge of a move I can't imagine JED coming out and publicly giving Knott Dacks role