Big Chris Samba | Vital Football

Big Chris Samba

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
I have to say, I wasn't very impressed when we signed Big Chris. He was a force to be reckoned with a few years ago but at 33 and having been bouncing around Russia for the past few years, I assumed he was washed up.

My assumption was compounded by his howler when he came on for JT.

He's a big boy and he looks very awkward but he had a few sublime touches against QPR at the weekend that surprised me.

What have you made of him.so far? Is he a washed up oaf or a skillful defender who looks a bit awkward?

Certainly isn’t skilful, looks like he can’t kick a ball because his passing was awful last night. Good in the challenge and in the air as should be expected for someone as big as him, can clear away far and wide as well. As long as Chester is around him to pick up the ball and play it away it’ll be alright ‘til terry’s back. Accident waiting to happen when we play Leeds and derby away in the next month.

Thought he looked better last night and hopefully that is a sign that the match sharpness is coming back. I also think he’s more comfortable on the right, hence last night him switching to that side with Chester on the left of the two.

Well he's certainly handy to have in the squad that's for sure. He was a good player a few years back.

Seems he's good for a goal now and again too.

He may be a bit of a liability now and again, but that's life. Every defender can't be John Terry.

gmvillan - 22/11/2017 15:38

Thought he looked better last night and hopefully that is a sign that the match sharpness is coming back. I also think he’s more comfortable on the right, hence last night him switching to that side with Chester on the left of the two.

It was the same on Saturday at QPR.

For me he i still too clumsy and looks like he is a liability to cause a major mistake. However, how much I am still being dictated watching his horror performance at Colchester back in August towards all this is debatable!