BBC Licence Fee...... | Page 4 | Vital Football

BBC Licence Fee......

And if that doesn't work they are forced to read political threads on this forum.

Nothing that gentle I would guess !
Our prisons have serious problems with religious extremism , with a recent example of releasing a man who would then go on to murder.

When this thread started, I had trouble remembering the last time I'd used any BBC service so I've been keeping a note of my use since.

That Peter Crouch Podcast.

That's it. (I've even got rid of their news app as its about an hour behind the Sky news one on "breaking" news.)

Not really worth £175pa but as I have a TV and just might watch something one day, i have to pay it 😳

Last edited:
Just started re watching the 3 part docudrama "The Rise of the Nazis". Wonderful. Top quality.

Scary warnings for what is going on now.

Just started re watching the 3 part docudrama "The Rise of the Nazis". Wonderful. Top quality.

I haven't seen it.

How much time does it spend on the Nazis closing down hundreds of newspapers, outlawing many political parties, demonising or worse, criminalising the expression of different viewpoints ?

How much time does it spend on the mechanisms by which the Nazis influenced - and later controlled a media narrative ?
e.g. by:
" Detailed guidelines stated what stories could or could not be reported and how to report the news.
Journalists or editors who failed to follow these instructions could be fired or
(....worse)"

Does any of this sound familiar ?

" Detailed guidelines stated what stories could or could not be reported and how to report the news.
Journalists or editors who failed to follow these instructions could be fired or
(....worse)"

Does any of this sound familiar ?
Sounds like modern day Russia to me, the media there haven't reported on the protests going on.

A modern rehash of a long researched subject , but well made regardless.
Only spoilt by the appearance of the delightful Ash Sarkar , which kind of tells you everything you need to know.

When this thread started, I had trouble remembering the last time I'd used any BBC service so I've been keeping a note of my use since.

That Peter Crouch Podcast.

That's it. (I've even got rid of their news app as its about an hour behind the Sky news one on "breaking" news.)

Not really worth £175pa but as I have a TV and just might watch something one day, i have to pay it 😳
For what it does for Britain abroad it is worth the licence fee alone, never mind if we watch it. Fantastic for our reputation and influence in a "soft skills" way. Can't "prove" it on a chart or graph so Tarian wouldn't understand.