Barrow | Vital Football

Barrow

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
I don't think Holker St has ever been a happy hunting ground for Pools, so I'm not confident of a result this afternoon.

Interesting that KC has recruited another midfielder, who starts this afternoon, who would appear to be defensive in his style.

3-1 was a respectable result in the end, particularly as we were 3-0 down by the 21st minute. Yet again we started badly and the game was out of sight by the time we woke up. I know it is still early but I cant quite shake this feeling that we are destined for NL football next season. Injury situation showing no sign of improvement and the able-bodied players just not good enough. Sinking feeling.
Next up: Stockport. Far too good for us.

Predictable result.
I'm afraid that relegation is now becoming inevitable.

League games in December and over the Holiday period will prove definitive.

Don't worry Curle is relaxed about our situation. The new signing was in the Oldham side that went down last season. Why do we never sign decent players from a higher level like we did when Turner was manager? Anyone with half a brain cell knows that signing unwanted players from leagues below can only result in one outcome.

Curle's problem is that because of the Transfer Window he can only recruit Free Agents, who inevitably don't have a club because of their previous failings.

It is evident that there has been mismanagement of Pools over the last 18+ months , you only have to look at the turnover of players and nonplaying personnel to realise this. How this situation is resolved will be very much down to recruitment in the January Window. Players of proven EFL quality must be signed early in the Window and not the "leavings" that Pools usually sign on the last minute of the last day of the Window!

In respect of Curle being relaxed about our current situation, under the circumstances I'm unclear what he can do to improve things.

Curle's problem is that because of the Transfer Window he can only recruit Free Agents, who inevitably don't have a club because of their previous failings.

It is evident that there has been mismanagement of Pools over the last 18+ months , you only have to look at the turnover of players and nonplaying personnel to realise this. How this situation is resolved will be very much down to recruitment in the January Window. Players of proven EFL quality must be signed early in the Window and not the "leavings" that Pools usually sign on the last minute of the last day of the Window!

In respect of Curle being relaxed about our current situation, under the circumstances I'm unclear what he can do to improve things.

Yep. When you have 9 players unavailable through injury and most of them seem to be long term, all you can do is try to stay calm. With a fully fit squad, I am pretty sure Curle has the know how but there is no sign of any change of fortune on that score.

Just viewed goals from yesterday. What can you say? Harrogate and Colchester looked decent which is a big worry. I don't see a way out of this now. Can't see the club splashing the cash in January as we will be as good as down by then. Very depressing just when it looked that we had hit the jackpot with Challinor.

It is indeed depressing McPoolie, we can only hope that Pools do strengthen in January and console ourselves with the thought that we are yet to reach halfway through the season. Anything could happen to unsettle the teams around us both on and off the pitch. (I'm grasping at straws)

Perhaps though it is the hope that gets to you in the end!

The bottom two in league two changes with regularity the only constant is Hartlepool United. We got out one Tuesday but were back in on the Saturday. The writing is on the wall and has been since September I’m afraid.
Is there a way out, I’m not sure there is. It’s our destiny
:red:

I can't remember when we were last not in the bottom two. The writing is very much on the wall and barring a middle eastern take over we are staring down the barrel of NL football next season. If that happens it seems to me the club's very existence could be in jeopardy.

I can't remember when we were last not in the bottom two. The writing is very much on the wall and barring a middle eastern take over we are staring down the barrel of NL football next season. If that happens it seems to me the club's very existence could be in jeopardy.
If Pools aren't in the bottom two at the end of the season I'd happily do a "Bernie Slaven" :slap:
Though, thankfully, Binns are no more!!