Athletics will never be cleaned up EVER | Vital Football

Athletics will never be cleaned up EVER

col8

Vital Football Legend
Jamaican Asafa Powell and US runner Tyson Gay failed out-of-competition tests on a day of scandal for athletics

I think the incentive to cheat in athletics in many cases outweigh the costs. If a drug can help an athlete run a tenth of a second faster it can be a massive difference and can be the difference between winning and losing or qualifying or not qualifying.

That the 3rd Jamaican runner in about a month that has tested positive.

You have to wonder about the rest of their runners now.

Only just seen this.

Agreed, same as cycling, there will always be cheats. Every time a drug detection method is found, they will find a new drug or a way to hide it.

The testing is getting more sophisticated now through. Out of competition testing is really important. Notice quite a few sports are burying their heads in the sand (baseball, boxing & tennis).

Fortunately it is a very few that use performance enhancing stimulants. I'd say less than 1% of athletes, and they get found out eventually.

Even though athletics will probably never be 100% clean, the authorities will I'm sure endeavor to clean it up as best they can, with the hope of kicking out the druggies/cheats, which should be for life.

No one gets caught out testing positive for stimulates they get caught using masking agents

SKEGGY - 13/8/2013 14:20

No one gets caught out testing positive for stimulates they get caught using masking agents

Yes I was reading about that.
Interesting that lemsip would get you banned.

I think its disgusting that in this day and age we have the Henry hoover we have dettol and Aeriel washing tablets that they still won't clean Athletics,

It is mental an athlete can take something from a chemist and have his carear turned upside down for it and labelled a cheat, maybe its the testing that needs sorting and cleaning up?