Asaba | Vital Football

Asaba

Yep, he didn't sit on the fence.

Admitted he wasn't as talented as these lads but would be ashamed to have put in that little effort. Andy "all the players on the pitch take a knee" Giddings seemed taken aback by Asaba's honesty.

Yep, he didn't sit on the fence.

Admitted he wasn't as talented as these lads but would be ashamed to have put in that little effort. Andy "all the players on the pitch take a knee" Giddings seemed taken aback by Asaba's honesty.

He wasn't a bad forward, a bit of a target man, bullied defenders and he did score some goals, about 1 goal every 3 games for us

WHEN THE BALL HITS THE GOAL
IT'S NOT SHEARER OR COLE
IT'S ASABA.
Apparently had nervous problems which held him back.

WHEN THE BALL HITS THE GOAL
IT'S NOT SHEARER OR COLE
IT'S ASABA.
Apparently had nervous problems which held him back.
I remember singing that after yet another victory at Swine Cottage mi owd pal,my dog at the time must have been fed up cos for months after when we were out walking over the meadows i used to sing it at the top of my voice and as Bully will no doubt confirm i can be rather LOUD.:ROFLMAO: UTB

I remember singing that after yet another victory at Swine Cottage mi owd pal,my dog at the time must have been fed up cos for months after when we were out walking over the meadows i used to sing it at the top of my voice and as Bully will no doubt confirm i can be rather LOUD.:ROFLMAO: UTB
Still got the T shirt.

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Wow, never heard such a slating with so much truth and honesty from a Radio Sheffield commentater. Well.done Carl.
Is King Keith poorly? I thought i heard he was to have a operation earlier in the summer.Asaba certainly didn't hold back and from looking at the game whilst listening to Radio Sheff he was correct.UTB

Asaba's main criticism during the match was regarding the team sitting too deep knocking it from side to side at the back before passing to Verrips who'd launch it to 'the front three' of Billy, McGoldrick and Osborn - despite there being a big sod like Bartley to win everything for WBA.

To his credit Giddings did put this criticism to Slav in the post match interview, Slav mumbled a reply that didn't really address anything. I'd have liked Slav to articulate what the actual plan was last night, because I'll be buggered if I know.

Asaba's main criticism during the match was regarding the team sitting too deep knocking it from side to side at the back before passing to Verrips who'd launch it to 'the front three' of Billy, McGoldrick and Osborn - despite there being a big sod like Bartley to win everything for WBA.

To his credit Giddings did put this criticism to Slav in the post match interview, Slav mumbled a reply that didn't really address anything. I'd have liked Slav to articulate what the actual plan was last night, because I'll be buggered if I know.
I think it was Bully who said he has trouble following Slav's interviews and i'm the same.I wonder if the players are struggling to take in what's being said but whether there's any truth in that or not, last night the players looked like they'd downed tools and Asaba said a couple of times BLADES fans will put up with a lot but not a lack of effort,which again is Bang r8.I really thought it was going to be 7 or 8 last neet,it was that POOR. UTB

I think it was Bully who said he has trouble following Slav's interviews and i'm the same.I wonder if the players are struggling to take in what's being said but whether there's any truth in that or not, last night the players looked like they'd downed tools and Asaba said a couple of times BLADES fans will put up with a lot but not a lack of effort,which again is Bang r8.I really thought it was going to be 7 or 8 last neet,it was that POOR. UTB

We should give Besic a contract to do double shifts - player / Serbo-Croat translator.

Slav's English might not be the best but neither's Bielsa's and he seems to communicate to his team well enough how to play the exact style he wants. Slav's interviews do seem like they're going to be a write off though.

I think he'll communicate fine with the players but his interviews will be a waste of time.

He's only just got here yet I still never bother listening to them.