Appleton's press conference (Accrington) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Appleton's press conference (Accrington)

Interesting comments re Pett and Freck. Personally I think that both could contribute this season but obviously long term decisions have been made now. It is also interesting when MA states that we have central midfielders who will hopefully be here for a long time. Currently we have Edun signed permanently. Chapman is out of contract in the summer but you'd have thought a fresh deal was being planned. He may be counting Grant in that answer also if he is moved next season more centrally ( which I think is his better position). Payne who knows
So that leaves the 4 loan midfielders. Morrell we have no chance of signing permanently. Coventry might be a further season long loan but again not permanent.
It might suggest to me though that we could be looking to sign Bridcutt and Hesketh once their contracts at Forest and Saints expire in the summer
I don't think he'll be offered anything more than his current contract so that we get some compensation. The fact he was starting games before the January transfer window and is nowhere near starting now shows me we were just trying to raise his profile in the hope someone would bid for him. I really don't think he's developed as a player in the last 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also quite poorly treated by the previous Manager for asking a perfectly reasonable question at Doncaster.
Yes, he had the balls to ask the question. I bet he thought 'you pompous twat' at DC's answer but his professionalism prevented him from passing the type of comment I would have done. Probably why I don't work in the media.

I'm all in favour of healthy competition. I was very impressed with how quick out the blocks Imposter was.
Gives you plenty of time now to write some good headline articles for Lincoln Vitals.
"Observations from the Selenity.".....inc dugout secrets.

"Losing the gig as the senior analyst on MA`s presser and it`s ramifications on my life"....mindfulness saved me!

"".Gourmet guide to the fanzone eateries"......you havn`t lived till you have eaten unicorns in garlic butter and the longevity of the haslet cob.

etc.

Still does - sits very near me in the Co-op (when I manage to get there).
Yes - he was there on Friday night. I was listening to him on Radio Lincs. driving to the match and he said he hoped the traffic would be ok for when he finished at 7 pm to get to the ground for kick off and he made it ok.

My my we are getting tetchy - our comments about Makepeace being lightweight etc made no reference to BBC Lincolnshire - we like Hortin and Thommo - but not very keen on 'Sporty Rob' - just an opinion of course, which we are allowed to hold without fear or favour - there are dangers in conflation!
Opinion on journalistic ability one thing but your other comment which I won't repeat uncalled for

My my we are getting tetchy - our comments about Makepeace being lightweight etc made no reference to BBC Lincolnshire - we like Hortin and Thommo - but not very keen on 'Sporty Rob' - just an opinion of course, which we are allowed to hold without fear or favour - there are dangers in conflation!

Are you conjoined collingham imps ??

Of course it's only a coincidence that Sporting Hortin is missing when so called difficult questions are being asked. That way he can continue his cosy relationship with the powers that be.

It is also interesting when MA states that we have central midfielders who will hopefully be here for a long time. Currently we have Edun signed permanently. Chapman is out of contract in the summer but you'd have thought a fresh deal was being planned. He may be counting Grant in that answer also if he is moved next season more centrally. Payne who knows
So that leaves the 4 loan midfielders. Morrell we have no chance of signing permanently. Coventry might be a further season long loan but again not permanent.
It might suggest to me though that we could be looking to sign Bridcutt and Hesketh once their contracts at Forest and Saints expire in the summer

I picked up on that as well. I wouldn't describe Payne or Hesketh as midfielders, so after Edun my first thought (hope) was Bridcutt plus maybe Chapman is also part of Appleton's future plans.

I also agree about Grant though.