American Imp | Page 8 | Vital Football

American Imp

Sir Joseph Banks already name-checked. Matthew Flinders - who help map much of the Australian coast - was also from Lincolnshire. I have a feeling that, as a young man he sailed with the infamous Captain Bligh.

Sir Joseph Banks already name-checked. Matthew Flinders - who help map much of the Australian coast - was also from Lincolnshire. I have a feeling that, as a young man he sailed with the infamous Captain Bligh.
Yep, another Lincolnshire explorer of Australia (from Donington) and did a lot of mapping of the country, both on land and from sea. A fair bit of controversy surrounds him and Cook because of the whole ‘claimed for the English Crown regardless of the fact the aborigines were the indigenous population of Australia for 40,000 years”. Fascinating, but very complicated history.

Like the history as well. Live about 20 minutes from Jamestowne. Captain John Smith and a lot of the originals from Lincolnshire. Took my niece during active dig and all the original buildings were built in Lincoln style. A few years ago the Muesum was seeking a Lincoln male accent for the holograms voice etc. Couldn’t convince the brother in law to audition. Lots of recent news on the Lost Colony of Roanoke as well. Got IFollow sorted finally for tomorrow’s match

Yep, another Lincolnshire explorer of Australia (from Donington) and did a lot of mapping of the country, both on land and from sea. A fair bit of controversy surrounds him and Cook because of the whole ‘claimed for the English Crown regardless of the fact the aborigines were the indigenous population of Australia for 40,000 years”. Fascinating, but very complicated history.

And the flinders ranges named after Matthew Flinders

Like the history as well. Live about 20 minutes from Jamestowne. Captain John Smith and a lot of the originals from Lincolnshire. Took my niece during active dig and all the original buildings were built in Lincoln style. A few years ago the Muesum was seeking a Lincoln male accent for the holograms voice etc. Couldn’t convince the brother in law to audition. Lots of recent news on the Lost Colony of Roanoke as well. Got IFollow sorted finally for tomorrow’s match

ha ha. You should ask them to contact Chris Ashton or Guy Martin!

the live dig you were looking at probably wasn’t much older then the house we live in (not far from Glastonbury festival site). We are redecorating and are currently picking out the wall paper to use! Funny world!

I hope you enjoy the match!

I have a biography of Jihn Smith in my "to read" pile.

I have a biography of Jihn Smith in my "to read" pile.
Is this the same John Smith who was linked with Pocahontas? She married an Englishman and they came to England when she was very young and was accepted by high courtiers in society. Unfortunately she died as she was about to return to the US and was buried in Gravesend, Kent, somewhere where the old cathedral was, but it burned down and the grave’s exact location is unclear.

Is this the same John Smith who was linked with Pocahontas? She married an Englishman and they came to England when she was very young and was accepted by high courtiers in society. Unfortunately she died as she was about to return to the US and was buried in Gravesend, Kent, somewhere where the old cathedral was, but it burned down and the grave’s exact location is unclear.

No, it's about the bloke who made the beer...

That's the dude. I have a *lot* of books in my "to read" pile, so I may not be able to add much to your summary for a while!