Adrian Pătulea | Vital Football

Adrian Pătulea

I loved Patulea, get the feeling he was a loose cannon but he was so good in front of goal. It was annoying some games where we started with LJL and Mullarkey... I remember Luton away when we were toothless and outclassed and he came on and banged two in straight away.

Didn't work out for him at Leyton Orient but think he was basically just a poacher only!

I loved Patulea, get the feeling he was a loose cannon but he was so good in front of goal. It was annoying some games where we started with LJL and Mullarkey... I remember Luton away when we were toothless and outclassed and he came on and banged two in straight away.

Didn't work out for him at Leyton Orient but think he was basically just a poacher only!

He had a touch of the Gerd Mullers about him didn't he? "Can't head, can't pass, can't shoot but give him the ball in the box and 9 times out of 10 he puts it away"

I think Jackson liked the Patulea story (albeit PJ probably exaggerated and twisted it slightly!) but not necessarily Patulea himself. I think they were both quite characters.

Was the first goal in the above video his debut goal? Looks like it.

I think Jackson liked the Patulea story (albeit PJ probably exaggerated and twisted it slightly!) but not necessarily Patulea himself. I think they were both quite characters.

Was the first goal in the above video his debut goal? Looks like it.
I think Michael Horton egged the Patulea story a lot. I bet he re hearsed that quote when Patulea scored scores of time in the hope he could use it

Think the PR from it brought its benefits, but at the same time not sure Jackson liked him (you're right Luke!)

It was actually true about his girlfriend on his back. She wasn't naked or anything though. He used to appear at Carlton Boulevard and start running around the perimeter. He'd then piggy back her for a lap then do more on his own. He kept pestering me to get him a trial while I was trying to just chuck him off the pitches while cutting.
Jacko wanted to know who he was and I said he was ok football wise and had been let down by Leyton Orient. Jacko said it was bullshit but I said if you were bullshitting about football trials you would pick a better club than Leyton to name drop so gave him a go.
His registration was a nightmare though I think as he was actually contracted to a third party in Romania. Fran had a nightmare sorting that out. Once he was eligible to actually play in England it's probably why Orient then came back in for him.
He wasn't popular with the players or playing staff in the end though as his ego grew a bit.