A thought for Shola | Vital Football

A thought for Shola

Rexn

Vital Champions League
As Harper gets his send off, it seems that Shola is still injured.

If he is off, his last appearances will prove to have been low key. He was last seen playing, away as a sub against West Ham, last seen at home warming up against Liverpool but not getting on and last playing at home as a sub against his favourite opponents.

The last start is where he made most impact, in Europe, scoring at Metalist but sadly his last home league start was against Reading, a game of managerial madness but opponents against who he scored his only senior hat trick.

Maybe there is more to come from him at SJP but if not, it is a shame that he will miss out on a playing send off.

He's got a year left on his contract I think.

He's going nowhere in my opinion and was just one of Pardew's comments to give us some hope on the back of recent dismay.

You're right, he does have a year.

If the club signs another striker, Shola will be surplus to requirements so will probably only get Carling cup games if he stays. His sell-on value will be minimal.

Personally, I would love to see him sign off with a hat trick against the mackems or with the winning goal as a supersub in the FA Cup final.

Rexn - 19/5/2013 01:17

You're right, he does have a year.

If the club signs another striker, Shola will be surplus to requirements so will probably only get Carling cup games if he stays. His sell-on value will be minimal.

Personally, I would love to see him sign off with a hat trick against the mackems or with the winning goal as a supersub in the FA Cup final.

Got more chance of pardew telling the truth!

Shola, the luckiest footballer Tyneside has ever seen. If he'd been around when Keegan was here in the 90s he probably wouldn't have played a single game for NUFC. In fact, he would've probably ended up playing for Carlisle or Hartlepool where he still wouldn't have scored more than 10 goals in a season. It's no surprise we've been shit for the last decade with players of his ability in the team.