a great weekend in newcastle ( shame about the game ) | Vital Football

a great weekend in newcastle ( shame about the game )

DRAYTON GREEN

Vital Football Legend
I have never been to Newcastle before and so this was my first trip to see Norwich at St James Park.
After 3 hours sleep I caught 6.50 train and got into Newcastle at
11.50 and checked into hotel just after midday.
We got a taxi to the bogeda pub and met up with my nephew and his mates from durham uni and took it easy with the beer.
Got into ground 30 mins before kick off ( a record for me ) and then spoke to a few people we knew including my uncle.

After the game we got taxi to hotel and after a bit of a rest got a taxi to first pub as part of a 4 pub crawl. All excellent.

Then we got taxi into town and went to several pubs til about midnight including YB favourite the crown prasada.
Forgot about food so had a hot dog when we got there and a pasty from Greggs before getting taxi home ( they had a bouncer on the door )
I had to help a bevvied up young lady across the road as she could not walk ... a real gentleman !!

After breakfast we got taxi to station and got 11.00 train to York where we stopped for 2 hours at brilliant pub in the station
Trian was a bit late and we got into Norwich at 5.40 so I was home just after 6 pm.

A great weekend but what about that dreadful 97 minutes !!

They were clueless. Passed sideways for ages and then gave the ball away in centre circle and a better side would have got another 3 or 4 goals.
The players cannot be as bad as they played so I think they had either lost all confidence or CH has completely lost the dressing room. Either way it is unaceptable.
There was a period in first half after we had gone behind when we had a decent patch but did not look like scoring.
Johnson to replace injured Snoddy !!! He was dreadful
Injury to Pilks... Murphy on ? NO lets play a swedish target man on the wing.
Go 2 down ... lets make the other 2 subs in 89 th minute and do not bring on Becchio.

Full away contigent struggled to sing all the game and as a few players came over at the end about 100 fans clapped whilst the rest of us turned our backs and walked out.

One of our taxi drivers said Pardew had praised us !!
He also said it was about 2 years since they had scored from a corner.

Make no mistake this was shocking performance against an average newcastle team there for the taking.
We were hopeless.

A great weekend apart for the football ( or lack of it ) and only way club can pay back the fans who went there is to announce the sacking of the 3 stooges tomorrow morning.
Will I be going away again ? Not until all 3 have gone.

Thanks for the excellent write up DG . If it was not for beer and friends these away days would be pure misery . Is it any wonder that fans are now turning their backs on Hughs dire management and wont go until he is sacked ?

Thanks for that DG, great write up. Did the fans seem angry or just fed up? I thought there would have been some real anger vented there. Guess its too far from pitch for anyone to notice though.

Fans were simply fed up.
Singing was half hearted and most of us just walked away
at the end having got what we expected having seen the team line up and tactics.
Not any anger just reconciled to keeping the 3 stooges and gradually sinking to bottom of the league.

I am sure the board Can see it. I suspect they do not have a replacement confirmed yet and are hanging on until that happens.

I wonder what Chris would do if he were brought in at this stage to turn things around. One thing is pretty certain he wouldn't be doing what he is doing now.

DG. Sounds a great day out apart from the football. If it wasn't for the fact that WBA are on my doorstep and I will with good company in some of Brum's finest pubs, I really couldn't be bothered to go. I am also coming over for the Crystal Palace match next Sat, but I am only looking forward to a breakfast meet up with my brother and niece plus a few drinks before the game. I am sitting on my own for this match so it could be a dire experience. I may have to be beamed up!

What dire depths has Hugh dragged us to where fans are dreading a match against Palace instead of looking forwards to it ?

I think we need to be cautious in our approach to this one, can't go throwing yourself at these teams! I would go 5 5 0 make it hard for them to break us down. Usual back 4 then bring Whittaker and Bassong into midfield to bolster. If we can hold them until 89th minute then maybe bring Hooper on and go 4 5 1 and throw everything at them for the last minute. :posh:

far too adventurous northern.
I say play elmander on the wing from the start due to his
success in that position at newcastle.
Also get the 2 assistant stooges to look at 4 th officials board in advance so we do not bring on subs too early.
If CH had know there was going to be 5 minutes added time on saturday he would have brought subs on in 93 rd minute.

I would shut up shop when we are 3-0 down so we dont concede any more . i would bring on Wes and MUrphy to play in defence and try and restrict Palace to a moral boosting 5-0, which would make us look better than Spurs

Good idea YB! That can only throw palace off their guard. I wonder if Becchio could maybe be trained up as a winger and bring him on with say 20 secs remaining to cause havoc down the left wing with Elmander on right wing.