A football thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

A football thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11413
  • Start date
moonay - 13/2/2018 22:31

Grip! - 13/2/2018 22:23

Don't call me a liar Moonay, i may find it offensive.

Practice what you preach!

Fair point pal ......... didn't mean it pokily anyway ........ still reckon you enjoyed it though.
;o)

Sod it yeah i did, now all those on here that called me a troll, moron etc all of a sudden are coming around to my way of thinking!

Grip! - 13/2/2018 22:37

moonay - 13/2/2018 22:31

Grip! - 13/2/2018 22:23

Don't call me a liar Moonay, i may find it offensive.

Practice what you preach!

Fair point pal ......... didn't mean it pokily anyway ........ still reckon you enjoyed it though.
;o)

Sod it yeah i did, now all those on here that called me a troll, moron etc all of a sudden are coming around to my way of thinking!

Can't recall that I've called u a troll / moron...but I won't be coming round to ur way of thinking after 2 bad games. We were garbage tonight & on that display cud well end up with a thinking off City but it doesn't make PC A bad coach / manager in that short time. Don't forget we had 1 of the best defensive records in Europe up until tonight so hardly a slight on PC's management skills.

In the words of tl4e, 'we were shit'.

Actually I think we were worse than that. It was an utter disgrace from first minute till last. The first goal was calamity of errors and it didnt get much better. The only thing their keeper had to do was to waste time. Collectively and individually 1-11 we were just awful and the three subs about as useful as tits on a nun. Quite clearly their minds were on next weeks match and they had no incentive to put a shift in as they know they'll all be selected next week. With rovers and the shrews winning tough away games it was a disastrous night.

Grip! - 13/2/2018 22:50

Suit yourself Jock, i couldn't give a toss!

But hang on you were only just saying that people wud come round to your way of thinking.
"Me, me , me ...look I've said Pc's garbage all along ".....eventually the amount of negative stuff you put out..one or two might come right so it gives you a chance to say ' see i told you so'.
We're all p@ssed off with defeat tonight n last Saturday but what joy u gonna get out of next Monday if it's the same result....Will it be I told u so again!!

No, it doesn't make us suddenly no hopers.

But what a waste of time tonight was! Blackpool were shit. The officials were shit. The result was shit. The football was shit.

I wouldn't have believed a side as bad as Blackpool tonight could possibly beat us by two clear goals. I didn't think it was possible for us to have been so bad as we were tonight.
Why did that happen? Were we just shit? Did the city match get into heads? Who Knows?
But at least it's out of the way now if that was the reason. At least Morsy will only miss one league match. At least Cook has seen once more how useless Massey is. At least Cook has seen once more how out of form Jacobs has been in for 3 months. At least we've been reminded of Powers limitations. And finally we learned that we must stick to what we do best, and lobbing strikers on and hoofing the ball up to them is not the answer. Christ, we continued with that after putting the giant (NOT) Walker on.

Oh another positive, it's done and now we can concentrate on getting back to what we are.

henski - 13/2/2018 23:00
And finally we learned that we must stick to what we do best, and lobbing strikers on and hoofing the ball up to them is not the answer. Christ, we continued with that after putting the giant (NOT) Walker on.
Spot on sir
Pitch not currently suited to the preferred style mind you.

Highlights / lowlights
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11249540/wigan-0-2-blackpool

A couple of blips but the team moves forwards not backwards.

I think it's harsh to single out Massey tonight. Don't get me wrong he's utter garbage and I'm bewildered how he manages to get selected week in week out but everyone else in that team was equally as bad as him this evening.

When you play week in week out with 10 men, the day the other 10 don't turn up either it makes me cross that we didn't give someone else the opportunity to make a difference. I wasn't singling him out at all. As you said all 11 were simply dreadful.

Too many defensive mistakes in front of him olfe and sadly has been found wanting when he's finally had something to do.

henski - 13/2/2018 23:00

No, it doesn't make us suddenly no hopers.

But what a waste of time tonight was! Blackpool were shit. The officials were shit. The result was shit. The football was shit.

I wouldn't have believed a side as bad as Blackpool tonight could possibly beat us by two clear goals. I didn't think it was possible for us to have been so bad as we were tonight.
Why did that happen? Were we just shit? Did the city match get into heads? Who Knows?
But at least it's out of the way now if that was the reason. At least Morsy will only miss one league match. At least Cook has seen once more how useless Massey is. At least Cook has seen once more how out of form Jacobs has been in for 3 months. At least we've been reminded of Powers limitations. And finally we learned that we must stick to what we do best, and lobbing strikers on and hoofing the ball up to them is not the answer. Christ, we continued with that after putting the giant (NOT) Walker on.

Oh another positive, it's done and now we can concentrate on getting back to what we are.

some fare points in there henners. specialy about us being sh1t cos we were. but the bit that you sed about continuing with a sistem even after it were seen wanting woried me a bit. wen i think back he did stick with it even tho it wernt doing owt diferent wich made me think. has cook hit a bit of a stuborn patch in his game thinking. i hope not and just hope that his head is ful of the city game and the takeover stuff cos if his game head has gone then its a rocky road til the end of the seeson.

Martinez1986 - 14/2/2018 09:25

truelatic4eva - 13/2/2018 22:19

Martinez1986 - 13/2/2018 20:28

Deary dear :explode:

What was Wish FMs take on that shambles?

Now then the goody two shoes didn't last long did it a goading post if ever there was one

I think its a valid question, a certain poster tells us he would rather take notice of the professionals on the radio than listen to the opinions of fans that attend games.

So what did Wish FM think of last nights debacle?

Martinez1986 - 14/2/2018 09:25

truelatic4eva - 13/2/2018 22:19

Martinez1986 - 13/2/2018 20:28

Deary dear :explode:

What was Wish FMs take on that shambles?

Now then the goody two shoes didn't last long did it a goading post if ever there was one

Given that the post seemed to have been forgotten I'd argue you are the one stirring the pot by bringing it back to the fore.

So go on then Martinez - or any other listener - what was their take on that utter shambles?

We were all over the place last night , disjointed and lost , gave the ball away so much it was untrue .
It could be embarrassing v City if we play like that , they scored 4 last night v a decent side
What has made us play like that in the last 2 games ? it has to be the City game on there minds .
I can think of nothing else to be so poor , if they have then it serves the lads right who are dropped , is the FA cup a distraction ? do we need that distraction ?
I will enjoy the game whatever the score but i will be praying we get back to winning ways v Rochdale especially with the Blackburn game looming close ..

I didn't listen to wish

What was the crowd and atmosphere like this question to tl4e whittle (rebranded again) and grip 2

Martinez1986 - 14/2/2018 11:08

I didn't listen to wish

What was the crowd and atmosphere like this question to tl4e whittle (rebranded again) and grip 2

The crowd was freezing,the atmosphere was non existant apart from the 300 Blackpool mob singing Oyston Out.

So if not Wish FM, where?

Martinez1986 - 14/2/2018 11:08

I didn't listen to wish

8,300 crowd, more atmosphere on the moon, loads of fans moaning at the performance and rightly so, so what did they say on Radio Manchester or whatever station you listen to?

I didn't listen to Radio Manc either watched SSN They kept popping over to the DW saw the goals as well

I'll be there next match :tophat: