A cunning plan? | Vital Football

A cunning plan?

Rexn

Vital Champions League
Some thoughts occurred to me today when contemplating managerial contracts, which might be logical or might be highly far fetched.

Before calling the idea rubbish, consider that Ashley experienced KK leaving and had a ceiling of compensation in the contract.

Also remember that Ashley's rag empire is profitable in part to zero hours contracts.

There have been conflicting reports about Pardew's mammoth 8 year contract, is there a maximum compensation level or is it a rolling contract? Could Pards be on a notice period of 1 year?

I have no doubt that there are a number of performance elements, including transfer sales profits. Last season's 16th place is not in keeping with the performance expected.

I'm also mindful of reports, first shared on here but now more formally in the press, that Di Matteo has his sights on NUFC. Could he be on a retainer? We know that Pards was lined up before Hughton was sacked.

Kinnear and the summer transfer trading, the Fans' Forum comments about funds being available and Ashley not taking the £18m out of the club, is a war chest being compiled for a new boss?

Putting it all together, admittedly with an optimistic bias, was Pards given one year's notice at the end of last season?

Di Matteo (or Catface we call him) would be an awesome choice, Still you talk about Warchest as if DiMatteo would actually have some say in the matter of transfers, ?

You mean would he take the job after Kinnear made a raft of quality signings over the manager's head?

At his age, Kinnear clearly has a long term plan!

That article the other day about DiMatteo would be interested in managing the Toon but not Sunderland, Although to be fair there were no direct quotes from the bloke. But If there were any truth in it Has he given any thought about life under Ashley, having no say on transfers, Winning cups not being a priority, Constantly making excuses for Ashley treating the fans like dirt, Who would want Pardews job anyway?

TNMW (and Happy Birthday again, btw) there is no reason for not spending other than that what they finally admitted at the recent fans forum meeting. They spent nowt, despite both peddling lies that they would to anyone who would listen and fall for it, in particular, the disgrace that is the chronicle, and appointing a DoF who would be judged on those signings i.e. none, cos they spent the summer budget in January (when we all know these were panic buys/players that should have been bought the previous summer when they spent precisely nowt then as well). There is no conspiracy theory here to be had in a Di Matteo smokescreen. And although he'd be a marked improvement on pardew and got chelsea playing well enough and lucky enough to win the CL final cos they were happy to play for their mate - people forget that West Brom didn't think he was much cop.

Finn_the_Dog - 27/9/2013 23:04

TNMW (and Happy Birthday again, btw) there is no reason for not spending other than that what they finally admitted at the recent fans forum meeting. They spent nowt, despite both peddling lies that they would to anyone who would listen and fall for it, in particular, the disgrace that is the chronicle, and appointing a DoF who would be judged on those signings i.e. none, cos they spent the summer budget in January (when we all know these were panic buys/players that should have been bought the previous summer when they spent precisely nowt then as well). There is no conspiracy theory here to be had in a Di Matteo smokescreen. And although he'd be a marked improvement on pardew and got chelsea playing well enough and lucky enough to win the CL final cos they were happy to play for their mate - people forget that West Brom didn't think he was much cop.

Cheers for the greetings...

I didn't mean interesting in regards to Di Matteo but interesting that Ashley may not trust Pardew enough anymore to trust him with pocket money.

I think we can guess the game that is being played but so far, Pardew is playing it well. Just a case of who will blink first I reckon. As for a potential next manager, Ashley hasn't a clue so we wont either.

there may be store in that like - starving him of funds to try and force him to quit. But pardew is such a spineless toad he won't quit without a wedge coming his way in compensation. As you say - who blinks first. Potential next manager? He's already in place. He's the DoF

If it is the case that Ashley is starving pardew of funds, then the crunch in this situation is coming, gonna come to a head at christmas I reckon. If we're struggling down the bottom ashley will have to act, as if he doesn't want to give pardew more funds he'll have to axe him so he can grant funds to another manager (or more accurately kinnear, while i'd like to see Di matteo as boss we all know the drunken director of fuck all is manager in waiting).

Why wouldn't he want to give Pardew more funds though?..Technically Pardew has no say on the players we bring in so Ashley isn't really giving him funds as such, or if Pardew does have some input into who we buy and who we don't it has to be said that he didn't do a bad job in January, Sissoko, Mbiwa Gouffy Haidara all good signings, bit of a question mark over Debuchy for me like.

That could be a theory to placate fans, fed up with no ambition.

But I think it looks more straightforward than that. Ashley is a billioaine, he likes making money. He spends as little as possible to stay in the Premier League, so that they can eke out money from the club. I don't see the point in sticking with a manager if you have no confidence in him. If he takes you into a relegation battle come April, your survival can be very much in the lap of the Gods - and you end up losing far more than the money you saved by sticking with a manager you purport to have no faith in.

So in summary, it's about money where Ashley is concerned, doing just enough to stay in the Prem League, spend as little as possible. The warchest idea suggests ambition - there is none at this club. What there are are plenty of excuses, plenty of bull to keep the fans dangling on the end of the line, and appointments like Joke to deflect attention from the reality of the situation.

If we go right back to the start of the Pardew era, the appointment left most fans dumb-founded, that a manager sacked by a 3rd division side (fot that is what Southamption were in old money) should be deemed good enough to manage Newcastle.