£9,000 the Latics Average wage | Vital Football

£9,000 the Latics Average wage

Clubs should be putting budgets in place now that mean they can still be around when things hopefully get back to normal. Nobody needs £9k a week to live off. Hopefully some sort of agreement can be reached otherwise our future doesn’t look too promising considering we already lose £1 million a month.

Does this just apply to first team players or does it include all contracted players?

Well, it equates to 41 "earners", so if it's only players, then it's definitely not just senior squad ......... unless it is just senior squad, but also all the associated coaching staff.

Pinching a living if you ask me!

Well, I didn't ......... did anyone else?

Rightly so. The players need to play ball for the sake of our future. We can pay them what’s owed once this shitstorm is over and we raise the funds through player sales.

Maybe we already have and we don’t know about it but I’m surprised we haven’t already started to furlough staff.

There’s little doubt many clubs, not just ours, are going to be hit hard by this shutdown. It’s expected that even when the lockdown is over that crowds may not be allowed in for sometime, possibly next year. No season ticket sales, no away ticket revenue, no hospitality, little to no sponsorship etc. Seems inevitable to me some clubs will go under.

For us throw in a loss of tv revenue if we go down and the business isn’t viable. The saving grace for us is we have some saleable assets, particularly young joe who we’ll most likely have to sell just to get revenue in - assuming the buyers have the cash.