583 miles | Vital Football

583 miles

Buddha

Vital Football Hero
12 hours driving
2 cracking goals
3 more points
1 Stevie Lovell!

The team were terrific this evening. Absolutely brilliant in the first half. Not so great in the second but good enough.

The support was superb too, especially during the last ten minutes when the noise was fantastic and may well have helped the boys find that last bit of strength and energy to see the game out.

I'm very tired now but also very happy. It was worth all that driving!

Fantastic post Buddha :2:

Incredible stuff once again. Is that right 7 away wins in 10 games under SL? Brilliant :4:

Poor bloody horse must be knackered! Pulling the caravan too!?
Its a trip plastics like me can only dream of. Good on yer :1:

583 miles. That's nothing compared to what the proclaimed did ??

Amazing times to be a gills fan. Let's enjoy the ride

It is a great time to follow Gills away Buddah and your post shows why. We have had many seasons of travelling many miles without expecting much reward. To go to Northants on a cold Tuesday winter night (as well over 400 hardy souls did) shows there is a justified optimism in the SL effect.

Think youve summed it up well there. The goals were both quality.

It was a game of halves as we were all over them in the first half and could have been up by more. Then at times we were holding on in the 2nd half and it was squeaky bum time. But the last 10 minutes we played comfortably in the end after being undrr the cosh most of the half. Maybe the cobblers ran out of steam.

Good away win. Had a good trip up to the National Space Centre in Leicester with my boy for the afternoon before the game too so a good day all round.

Buddha - 14/2/2018 01:22

12 hours driving
2 cracking goals
3 more points
1 Stevie Lovell!

The team were terrific this evening. Absolutely brilliant in the first half. Not so great in the second but good enough.

The support was superb too, especially during the last ten minutes when the noise was fantastic and may well have helped the boys find that last bit of strength and energy to see the game out.

I'm very tired now but also very happy. It was worth all that driving!
Good on ya Bud..... glad you too got to see a win after such a journey.

I'm going to be at the Walsall game but I'm buggered if I'm going to be doing what I did for the Fleetwood game, driving down and sitting behind the wheel for almost 24 hours.... this time I'll be flying down to Lundun, and then hopping on the train with the missus (I may even insist she wears one of my old Gills Kool shirts - blue and black stripes of course - but I might just be pushing my luck there). Take care where ever you are at the moment and keep the faith in SL.

Cheers AFLP