5 subs allowed from next season | Vital Football

5 subs allowed from next season

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
In the Premier League.i very much hope we're in the Premier League next season to see how we go with the new rule. UTB

What bollocks this is.

It was obvious it would become permanent, predictably in the likes of Serie A before the Premier League.

It's a rule change to please tinkering managers under the predictably successful guise of 'protecting the welfare' of players - which incidentally it has emphatically failed to do as far as I can see, because I'm noticing more injuries than ever before, across all the leagues.

You should never be able to end a game with half a different team. It's farcical.

Just another small piece of football's deterioration.

The rich boys get their way again - just like in the Champions League where two spots are going to be reserved for clubs that didn't even qualify. We could see six clubs from the same country taking part in the competition.

The game I grew up loving was a working class sport with working class values. Now I don't know what the hell football is meant to be - United seem more bothered about crowing over being the first cowards to take a knee and sticking rainbows everywhere than we are about actually achieving success on the pitch.

Go the whole hog and allow any and all subs during a game. on and off at will.
Bit like American football.