4 points off the play offs with a game in hand | Vital Football

4 points off the play offs with a game in hand

runner_pie

Vital Reserves Team
With 2 home games coming up, we have a great chance to make our presence felt at the right end of the table. It would help to take our minds off that terrible cup showing.

I admire the positivity but we never know which team/tactics are going to show up.

If we carry on with "lump it forward" and play players out of position, I doubt that we will make progress. IF RM gets wide players in the team, it should be interesting!

My positivity is based on us having an extremely good home record where we are currently averaging 2 points per game (automatic promotion form).We already have made progress over the last few league games (even with players playing out of position) and I certainly think we can continue to do so. Of course we have plenty of areas where we can improve but I have seen enough to keep me feeling positive. It will, however, be interesting to see if we are able to get Salford out of our system.

It will be interesting to see how the players react to Salford - especially with such a big gap before the next game. It seemed like for the Derby friendly they were still wallowing in self-pity, which isn't great - so maybe some time to get their heads right will do them good. It was either the kick up the bum they needed or the moment their self-belief was shattered. Whether they come back fighting or moping will say a lot about their character as a team and Moniz's motivation skills.

They are the bits that concern me. If the players aren't up for it every game, we will get turned over.

runner_pie - 15/11/2015 22:18

My positivity is based on us having an extremely good home record where we are currently averaging 2 points per game (automatic promotion form).We already have made progress over the last few league games (even with players playing out of position) and I certainly think we can continue to do so. Of course we have plenty of areas where we can improve but I have seen enough to keep me feeling positive. It will, however, be interesting to see if we are able to get Salford out of our system.

Portsmouth should have beaten us, lousy finishing . We give teams too much space. If RM would sort out midfield, by dropping Smith for starters, and put some bite in defence, then I agree we should get results.

Home form alone is not enough, we need to build on the last 2 away draws.

We need to get some consistency going.

We have got to take the bull by the horns, not one team is threatening to run away with this division with maybe Plymouth the exception, still think we will be top three come the close of play.