Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 128 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Amazed to see how many Norwich City fans on Twitter are telling the club to keep their season ticket money just to play the bigger fan act, they have players earning millions!
I shared that thought, leaving my cash behind, until I woke up through reading posts on here how inconsequential that amount is compared to the money shoveled into the ever deeper pockets of players who don't give a flying .... for the club I've supported since '61. I thought of the time and effort I've given driving all over the country and returning home convinced that my journey down and back constituted more effort that Nigel Callaghan & Co, put in on the pitch. Mmmm cash back please!

Amazed to see how many Norwich City fans on Twitter are telling the club to keep their season ticket money just to play the bigger fan act, they have players earning millions!

But the flip side is they also have office staff etc , and if not having to refund fans manages to keep them in a job , then it's no bad thing.

That's a different story and we know the answer to that anyway.

It's the real reason they haven't shut down until this is over, they are shelling outs millions a week to players who are doing nothing. If they were all furloughed on 2500 a month the Clubs would be virtually costing a few thousands a week to run.

Starting to get a view of the players if yesterday is anything to go by.

Tyrone , Danny Rose and Sterling all expressing reservations.

Fair enough, other workers aren't, by the looks of it, having the luxury to choose. I assume these gents won't mind being furloughed or will take a requisite pay cut to help the industry they also rely on though?

Communicated with the Club re what some have brought up in this thread, when we'll be told about season tickets/tickets and possible refunds.

They have said they understand the frustrations but have decided not to do any holding communications, and to only communicate when they have something concrete to say, which they are hoping will be within the next couple of weeks.

Wonder what the Wolves fans have to say now one of their own has been found out a lockdown party in London. Morgan Gibbs-white with Love island brain dead women.

Fair enough, other workers aren't, by the looks of it, having the luxury to choose. I assume these gents won't mind being furloughed or will take a requisite pay cut to help the industry they also rely on though?

Can't speak for others , but at our firm we have the choice.

Wonder what the Wolves fans have to say now one of their own has been found out a lockdown party in London. Morgan Gibbs-white with Love island brain dead women.

Leave them alone you bully, they are special people and are allowed to do these things, it is just us grunts that can't. Did you not get the memo? Or the angry memo judging by one user here!

Gibbs-White is a talented young player but clearly not a serious enough professional to hit the heights he could do.

In what way? Assuming you mean the opposite, so what do you think will be the objection, bearing in mind these tests aren't taking any tests away from key workers.

Well if it is drive thorough then why can't they provide tests for the public as well . God knows nowhere near enough people are being tested at the moment.

Yes but the office is open , so those going in have the choice whether they want to or not.

You miss the point my dear coat thieving friend. :grinning:

You can work from home. Many can, I can, I do, I do anyway.

A factory worker, taxi driver, builder, and so on, cannot. Nor can a footballer. Now the Gov say workers have a choice, but when Newsnight questioned Tory Damian Green last night and said do you really think someone on zero hours or a low paid job can really talk to their employer and say they don't feel safe to work. He dismissed the zero hour people as only 3% of the workforce. That's ok then, feck em.

Some have the choice, some don't, but those who can work, are meant to be going to work was the confused message from the PM. No?

Well if it is drive thorough then why can't they provide tests for the public as well . God knows nowhere near enough people are being tested at the moment.

The one isn't related to the other though.

Public, I agree, but that is through the Gov.

Footballers, like this one at Wolves, is paid by Wolves and is nothing to do with the country, public or Government AS LONG as it doesn't take any tests from the key workers, which this doesn't.