New Manager (Rumours and Suggestions) | Page 11 | Vital Football

New Manager (Rumours and Suggestions)

Ainsworth was interviewed today, and yesterday Warburton was definitely interviewed I’ve just been told.

Would frankly be happy with either of those, either would be a coup.
The way we are interviewing ex QPR managers I expect Harry Redknapp to be rocking up to Priestfield in the next few days. At least the transfer deadline day will be interesting

The way we are interviewing ex QPR managers I expect Harry Redknapp to be rocking up to Priestfield in the next few days. At least the transfer deadline day will be interesting
He'd be a great scout/DoF!

We'd be all over Sky S News on Transfer Deadline day.

I think Gareth Ainsworth left QPR in October.

Given someone said we interviewed him, does anyone know if he interviewed for any other jobs since QPR, or are we the first he's applied for?

I think Gareth Ainsworth left QPR in October.

Given someone said we interviewed him, does anyone know if he interviewed for any other jobs since QPR, or are we the first he's applied for?
I’d imagine that if the interview rumours are true, Gills would have contacted him, not the other way around.
Same with Warburton, if true.
No point in sticking an advert out if you know what you want and need.

Whoever it is, just get it done, Brad. Time`s pressing and lots in the game are packing their vacation bags.

Couldn't agree more. It took WAY too long last time. If you sack a manager you should already have a full contingency in place. This "we now start a process" is absolutely dismal planning.

This is a critical time to be cementing players that a new manager wants on board. No manager, it becomes square pegs and round holes.

Anyone know what went wrong for Ainsworth at QPR?

They couldn't win for love nor money.

He's a club legend there from his playing days. Rocky ground for an appointment for the wrong reasons.

Also, and this is just my opinion, he's a motivator, not a tactician. That will only get you so far...

Ainsworth was interviewed today, and yesterday Warburton was definitely interviewed I’ve just been told.

Would frankly be happy with either of those, either would be a coup.

Thanks for your insight, GH.

Warburton would be a very good appointment IMO. High pedigree.
This is a really good read on Warburton for anyone who is interested:

1714730045426.png

I confess to not knowing a great deal about him but the more I read, the more of a coup I think he would be.

Cannot in any way see him working under KJ though...

Last edited:
Harry Redknapp is 9th odds-on, on the site I just checked

Pmsl
If Harry were to get the gig, he would at least be able to pronounce the name correctly "Ginningham Football Club" although I think he may never have said the name before in his life.

Anyway, don't waste your money on him, I have much chance of winning the American Giga lotto as he has of coming in as "Gaffer".

It makes sense to appoint a free agent to avoid expensive compensation.
Definitely, and then some day down the line, if Crawley or Southend hit a bad patch, they can pay their managers off themselves.

Warburton, Ainsworth or Duff would all be cracking alternatives, IMHO.

After all, the sum of the Lindsey's EFL management career as number one is 6 months at the Swine and 16 at Creepy and Chatham are on the brink of achieving two promotions since he left. I am sure he has talent but his experience is well below any of the above three. And as for Maher's EFL management experience?

Last edited:
Thanks for your insight, GH.

Warburton would be a very good appointment IMO. High pedigree.
This is a really good read on Warburton for anyone who is interested:

View attachment 72997

I confess to not knowing a great deal about him but the more I read, the more of a coup I think he would be.

Cannot in any way see him working under KJ though...
To be honest NW, I think any new manager would not want to work under KJ and in truth, I would like to see him ride off into the sunset. I could see Hessy being accepted because he is a club legend and that does count. I have never had a feeling of goodwill towards KJ and, prior to getting this job, he has never once said anything good about the club. Just a mercenary going where the money is, not the ideology in my opinion.

To be honest NW, I think any new manager would not want to work under KJ and in truth, I would like to see him ride off into the sunset. I could see Hessy being accepted because he is a club legend and that does count. I have never had a feeling of goodwill towards KJ and, prior to getting this job, he has never once said anything good about the club. Just a mercenary going where the money is, not the ideology in my opinion.

I hear you.

I think with Warburton specifically, he's had some very senior positions - well in advance of Kenny Jackett. Will be interesting to see where the ultimate decision is made - can't imagine KJ would agree to appoint someone who might undermine him.

Every single manager in the country works under a boss. Jackett is very highly regarded and respected within football.
I can’t see anyone having a problem with him.
What’s the alternative?
Report directly to Joe who has very limited football experience or Shannon who has literally no football experience?