Tits v Bristols | Page 3 | Vital Football

Tits v Bristols

I thought Matt Smith was MOTM and my missus thought it was Adeeko.

I also thought Charlie put himself well and truly in the shop window. Just hope we don't give him away.

Good start to the season good end to the season.

The middle part of the season was a fuckin' disgrace the fans have been well and truly ripped off and the players know this, lets hope that one of the outgoing players fancy a bit of whistle blowing.

A decent game today for a change. Like at Lincoln a back 4 makes so much difference to this team. Took my little lad and he enjoyed it - and I think it was due to the attacking element so I’m glad Maloney ditched his principles to set us up this way again. I hope he sees this is the way forward.

Must say I had a tear in my eye when the PA announcer pre game reminded us we were hours from extinction but the manager/team had led us to mid table. For all our (myself included) criticism of how we’ve played at times it’s a stark reminder of the stakes so credit to all involved. Looking forward to once again, hopefully, jumping aboard the rollercoaster next season.

The middle part of the season was a fuckin' disgrace the fans have been well and truly ripped off and the players know this, lets hope that one of the outgoing players fancy a bit of whistle blowing.
You would prefer to nail your flag to the word of a player that is considered to surplus to requirements or does not want to be here.

I suppose you will be a "happy clapper" as long as your whistle blower is playing your tune.

Best performance at home for quite a while today. It was great to see us dominate from start to finish and I can’t fault any of the players. Magennis put in his best performance for us. Adeeko made some great runs forward and was unfortunate not to score.

It’s a shame we didn’t hit this form a bit earlier and push higher up the table but overall I’d say this season has been what was needed. Hopefully we can make gradual progress over the next couple of years before challenging for promotion with a team that’s also capable of playing at a higher level too.

Today's performance was excellent in all aspects and we could've easily scored more. You could say Bristol were in bad form or on the beach but we've played much worse sides than them this season and often been poor ourselves - so we shouldn't take any credit away from a great display today.

I think that's possibly the first time we've had the urgency and intensity we regularly show against the better sides against a team that isnt in the top 8 and we pretty much dominated because of it. We also did it for 90 minutes which is another rarity for us.

Matt Smith absolutely ran the show, we all know he's capable of that but he can't do it unless his team mates are finding space and showing for the ball. Many games this season it felt like players didn't want the ball and he had nothing to work with. But today there was so much movement and it allowed him to shine.

But not just Matt Smith, the whole team's positivity on and off the ball and willingness to pass through the lines was the best it's been all season. Aasgaard and Magennis were dropping much deeper and coming short to close the gap between attack and defence to make it easy to give them the ball in big gap in the middle of the pitch that we usually leave empty. They did so many little lay offs to start counter attacks and it made a huge difference in linking it all together.

I think that was probably Magennis' best ever game for us, he was superb. Judging by his reaction coming off the pitch when subbed it looked like he thinks it was likely his last game, so it's a nice way to sign off, it's just such a shame he didn't play like he did today more often. That must have been what all the Hull fans got to see and made him so popular there that we've rarely got glimpses of.

McManaman was another who looked like he thought today was his last when walking off after being subbed. I thought he might get another year but if he does go I think he can leave with his head held high. He's brought his career back from the dead and even though he's not be a regular starter he's made a big contribution to our season.

It's gutting to say goodbye to Morrison, Godo and Chambers. I would love to get them back but I think they'll all probably be playing at a higher level next year.

It's a shame Pearce, Jones and Humps didn't get on today as a farewell if they do all end up leaving.

Overall it's been an excellent last 3 games of the season. Hopefully those will be the benchmark for the type of performance we will turn in next season.

It was quite obvious that Bristol were scared of the pace in the team in the first half, as they were doubling and trebling on Jonny Smith and Callum Mac which gives more space in the central areas which as we have already said above give Baba & Matt far more space to influence the game.

Since moving to this formation certain players have excelled, and the Team as a whole has become far more positive which ultimately we have seen with the positive results .

I know nobody has even mentioned his name above, but Jonny Smith has had an influence to this playing formation for both himself and the team !! and his work rate covering attacking and defensive duties has been excellent coupled with both Cal Mac & Godo playing left side.

Underrated in my opinion although he is starting to become one of my favourite players with goals like that ...👌😎

Looking forward to next season as we are starting to see the style Maloney is trying to implement...

Positive vibes for me for next season ...now top up with some further good recruitment and light the BLUE touch paper 😜😁

Last edited:
Looking forward to next season as we are starting to see the style Maloney is trying to implement...
Don't get that bit mate, the two styles of play we have witnessed this season are like chalk and cheese, Maloney is implementing bugger all he has simply dropped the boring passing sideways and backwards garbage for an attacking style, formation plus the players in correct positions to do the job.

It isn't like he's brought the style of play in over a number of months, we finished the season how we started, its the two thirds in the middle that was the problem.

Cheese Chalk then Cheese again, I know which I prefer.

May I take this opportunity to say goodbye to you. The season has ended and so had your season ticket entitlement.

Today's performance was excellent in all aspects and we could've easily scored more. You could say Bristol were in bad form or on the beach but we've played much worse sides than them this season and often been poor ourselves - so we shouldn't take any credit away from a great display today.

I think that's possibly the first time we've had the urgency and intensity we regularly show against the better sides against a team that isnt in the top 8 and we pretty much dominated because of it. We also did it for 90 minutes which is another rarity for us.

Matt Smith absolutely ran the show, we all know he's capable of that but he can't do it unless his team mates are finding space and showing for the ball. Many games this season it felt like players didn't want the ball and he had nothing to work with. But today there was so much movement and it allowed him to shine.

But not just Matt Smith, the whole team's positivity on and off the ball and willingness to pass through the lines was the best it's been all season. Aasgaard and Magennis were dropping much deeper and coming short to close the gap between attack and defence to make it easy to give them the ball in big gap in the middle of the pitch that we usually leave empty. They did so many little lay offs to start counter attacks and it made a huge difference in linking it all together.

I think that was probably Magennis' best ever game for us, he was superb. Judging by his reaction coming off the pitch when subbed it looked like he thinks it was likely his last game, so it's a nice way to sign off, it's just such a shame he didn't play like he did today more often. That must have been what all the Hull fans got to see and made him so popular there that we've rarely got glimpses of.

McManaman was another who looked like he thought today was his last when walking off after being subbed. I thought he might get another year but if he does go I think he can leave with his head held high. He's brought his career back from the dead and even though he's not be a regular starter he's made a big contribution to our season.

It's gutting to say goodbye to Morrison, Godo and Chambers. I would love to get them back but I think they'll all probably be playing at a higher level next year.

It's a shame Pearce, Jones and Humps didn't get on today as a farewell if they do all end up leaving.

Overall it's been an excellent last 3 games of the season. Hopefully those will be the benchmark for the type of performance we will turn in next season.
Last three games have all been dead rubbers with nothing to play for. However it's proven we can play well. It's a shame that it will not be a benchmark for next season but we could live and hope but there is every chance it will be back to a slow passing out from the back walkball game with sideways and backwards passing loved and cherished by many on here.

Last three games have all been dead rubbers with nothing to play for. However it's proven we can play well. It's a shame that it will not be a benchmark for next season but we could live and hope but there is every chance it will be back to a slow passing out from the back walkball game with sideways and backwards passing loved and cherished by many on here.

The last 3 games have been what we wanted to play like all season but for various reasons we've struggled to do it.

I don't think Maloney has ever told them to pass backwards and sideways at glacial pace but on plenty of occasions that has happened and he has struggled to do anything about it. He of course has to take responsibility for that along with the players but it's not a deliberate tactic.