Nottingham Forest v Manchester City - Premier League - Sunday 28th April 2024 - 16:30 BST- Match Preview & MDT | Vital Football

Nottingham Forest v Manchester City - Premier League - Sunday 28th April 2024 - 16:30 BST- Match Preview & MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The Game
I have recently found it boring that almost before any City game some one will print or report the charges pending to be heard regarding City and they always refer to it as 115 charges, I think the only reporter that has come out and reported exactly why FFP was introduced and that is Martin Samuel who knew from day what is was and it had nothing to do with financial fair play but they drag it up conveniently just before a match and this week Master says the hearing will be soon resolved, why is there a secret about the date of the hearing?
Anyway if it was an attempt to de-stabilize the lads, it is not working and City have another lot of travelling to do yet with 5 games to play and all are must get 3 points.
Nottingham Forest are the next hurdle and it will be a tricky game, with Forest in trouble with the sustainability rules and they too are challenging the premier regarding the punishment they have been given. They will be fighting for the premier league lives and for them too it is a must win game. However, City would love to do Vinnie Kompany a favour and keep Forest in touching distance of Burnley giving them a chance to survive the drop.
The Official site www.mancity.com will have their Match Day Centre live an hour before kick-off and they will be first to tell us all what the line-up will be. Special guests will be giving their views on the match and Andy Morrison and Keith Curle both former City Captains will be those guests.
Commentary from the excellent Alistair Mann with comments from Kit Symons while FG will have Paul Dickov on pitch side.

City Team News
The major doubt for the match is Erling Haaland and a decision will be taken on Saturday or even late on Sunday whether to include him in the side or on the substitute's bench.
There are no other players with major doubts and John Stones was an unused sub against the win over Brighton on Thursday.

Best Guess
Ederson
Walker, Dias Akanji, Gvardiol
Rodri
De Bruyne Bernardo, Foden, Kovacic, Alvarez

Match Officials
Referee:
Simon F. Hooper
Assistants: Adrian Holmes, Simon Long
Fourth official: Tom Bramall
VAR: Peter Bankes
Assistant VAR: Gary Beswick.

Next
City v Wolves - Premier league - Saturday 4th May 2024 - 17:30 BST - ( Sky Sports)

Last edited:
The lads will be keen, Forest will sit and try to counter. I hope Spursy do a job for us and we take the points at Forset. Our Viking may return for a cameo.

My main fear in this game is not the opposition but the Officials who may sub-consciously lean very much towards Forest in decision making, I just hope that City if they do score that all the goals for the Blues are beyond reproach.

I should also hope that our defenders should be aware that any tackles however slight in the penalty area may be punished

Busy day ahead and am unsure whether i will be in coverage before/during the game so just in case I am going to park this here…..

CONE ON CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hug: :punch:

manchester-city-2023-24-lineup-c5014689-5ba3-4bfb-88bd-b48bda826c39-1.jpg

FROM CITY JOURNALIST JACK MUMFORD AT THE CITY GROUND 💬

So, two changes to the City side but crucially, the back six remains the same. Ederson, the four in defence and Rodrigo in front of them gave us so much control at Brighton and will be full of confidence after that performance.
Further forward, Bernardo and Kevin De Bruyne will interchange a lot in midfield while Jack Grealish and Jeremy Doku make a rare start together. In fact, it's only the second time they are in the same Premier League starting XI - after the 4-1 win over Aston Villa at the start of this month.
Julian Alvarez hit 30 goal contributions for the season on Thursday and his next goal will take him past the 17 he managed in his first campaign in England.