Hawkwind - last live performances. | Vital Football

Hawkwind - last live performances.

Barney Imp

Vital Champions League
It looks like the live dates announced for this year may well be the last. Given that Dave Brock turns 83 this summer, and has had health issues, it's not really that surprising. That said, the dates played in April have all received great reviews, as has the latest album (Stories From Time and Space). I can definitely say that they put on a great show at the Royal Albert Hall last September.

The remaining dates for this year are:

14th June. Rock City, Nottingham.

15th June. Northern Kin festival, Durham (got my ticket!)

29th June. Retro C festival. France.

16th August. Bath Forum.

17th August. New Day festival, Faversham.

And that could be it...

Back in my student days, I spent an afternoon with Dave Brock, a couple of others and the Hippy Slags having a sesh in a squat in Bath. Sorry if I have mentioned it before.

It looks like the live dates announced for this year may well be the last. Given that Dave Brock turns 83 this summer, and has had health issues, it's not really that surprising. That said, the dates played in April have all received great reviews, as has the latest album (Stories From Time and Space). I can definitely say that they put on a great show at the Royal Albert Hall last September.

The remaining dates for this year are:

14th June. Rock City, Nottingham.

15th June. Northern Kin festival, Durham (got my ticket!)

29th June. Retro C festival. France.

16th August. Bath Forum.

17th August. New Day festival, Faversham.

And that could be it...
I feel your pain Barney, and trust you will be there with your lens to capture some final memories.

Sometimes it's for the best. Stevie Nicks is touring this year and somebody asked me if 'I was going', but I didn't have to even think about it. The memories are banked, the music in it's prime is freely available on youtube with new (old) material continually being unearthed, so I didn't want to diminish that.

Hopefully Hawkwind have picked their moment wisely and go out memorably for you.